Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Element - Default Date - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have NW04s SP7 Portal and our VC version is

VC Server Version is 645.7.1.0.

1. In some scenarios we want some default list (data from SAP R/3) to be displayed by passing system date, i tried using NOW() option, it is not working.In our report we want to display the absentee list for system date, we have a form in which user can change the date and report is refreshed. Second part is working fine, when the user changes the date it display the correct data, default list for system date is not getting displayed.I have used START connect element to invoke the default action by setting the current date using NOW() but it is not working.Any ways to debug the same (i want to know what value is really passed to back end system).

Please let me know your thoughts/solutions to the above mentioned issue.

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This may be a problem of the date string not being initialized from the start point, if you create a date field on the form which references the files you mention does it show correctly? Another problem may be that the string which is received in the beginning is not the correct format and therefore the R3 can not read it. In the date field check the formatting tab.

You can also run a trace on the back end to check what the BAPI receives from the VC application.

Jarrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

NOW() command works fine when i use it for a field in a FORM, but if i use the NOW() option in Start Element it is not working.

We ran the RFC, SQL trace in R/3, trace says that the X function module is called, but it does not show the values which are passed.

Can you guide us on the debug part ? Any thing has to be done in R/3 like increasing the trace level etc.

Thanks

Senthil

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this a BAPI which is custom or can I find it on our machine? What is the BAPI called?

Jarrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a custom Function Module (Remote Enabled).

Thanks

Senthil