Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number not flowing in Shipment

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction VT02N u2013 when delivery is pulled into the transaction the serial number is not coming into the shipment. The user must enter each serial number. The serial number should flow to the transaction , need help on this isssue

Thanks

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where in VT02N user must enter Serial Numbers ?

I dont think shipment document has got any relevance to serial numbers. Reasons -

1. Shipment Document is reqd. for capturing shipment information and provide basis for shipment cost doc. - which creates vendor liability. This does not need serial numbers.

2. Serial numbers are at delivery item level while shipment is created from Delivery header level.

For picking and loading purposes serial numbers are reqd. - so the outputs are drawn from Delivery document.

The above is what i think. May be I am wrong. Dont have access to system now. Shall check and reconfirm.

Thanks

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using handling units when the item is serialized and being packed in shipment you have the option of selecting serial number while packing the HU i want the serial number to flow here from delivery

Thanks

Diwakar