Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Re-Creation for Improperly Built Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning all,

We have an issue with a critical role in our system that was created improperly.

This role contains over 600+ t-codes, including many custom Z programs, and was not created by copying any menus

whatsoever. So the "menu" is literally a list of t-code names a mile long.

My question is, is there some way to "import" or "re-create" a proper folder structure for this role without having to manually go through the technical names of all the t-codes and drag&drop them into their respective folder hierarchies? I have "condense menu" on, but I assume that would still require me getting all the t-codes and copying in the role or area menus, as well as merging the authorizations since many were manually edited to be "display only".

As part of a cleanup effort we are attempting to fix messes like this, but I wanted to see if I could find a smarter way to repair this role since it is assigned to a large number of users, and we have gotten complaints that users cannot find the transactions they need due to a lack of organization.

Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can find out that the 600 tcodes came from a foriegn role, but instead of importing the menu they went to AGR_TCODES and copied them from there, then you could try to re-import that role menu to start the structure and then just "delta" analyze it for what was added or removed later.

Try the description tab to see whether the source of the tcodes is mentioned?

Otherwise search for a role with the non-Z tcodes in AGR_TCODES to get a "feeling" for where it belongs and what it might look like to start with. If the Z-tcodes are parameter transactions then use the parameter name values instead to hone in on the closest match (if there ever was one...).

I don't think you are going to get around a long day's work with Z-tcodes.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I am believe there is no easier way than managing it by Drag & Drop by creating the folders first.

Regards,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can find out that the 600 tcodes came from a foriegn role, but instead of importing the menu they went to AGR_TCODES and copied them from there, then you could try to re-import that role menu to start the structure and then just "delta" analyze it for what was added or removed later.

Try the description tab to see whether the source of the tcodes is mentioned?

Otherwise search for a role with the non-Z tcodes in AGR_TCODES to get a "feeling" for where it belongs and what it might look like to start with. If the Z-tcodes are parameter transactions then use the parameter name values instead to hone in on the closest match (if there ever was one...).

I don't think you are going to get around a long day's work with Z-tcodes.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

After evaluating this again it looks like this process will work, but yes, the Z programs are going to have to be done manually.