cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Import Action in the Match records tab in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of the requirements, I tried importing the data to MDM system from a source XML. The map was already existing and I used the same to work out the import. The same is working fine in the other environment however Development shows some different behaviour.

I got following Default import actions after selecting the matching fields.

4 of 4 Single None Skip - Changed to Create

0 of 0 Single Exact Skip - Updated (All mapped values)

0 of 0 Multiple Exact Skip [I want to make this field as update(all mapped values). However I am only getting two options to be selectied here "Skip" & "Replace". how can I enable the other two options to be selected in Default import action and save the updated map]

I am currently on MDM7.1 SP05.

I tried verifying the field and value mapping, configuration options and it is same as in the othe systems in the environment.

Can someone help me resolve this asap?

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

Are you sure that your dev landscape the same as your another landscapes? I'm not.

Concern to "Multiple Exact" why you don't want to leave "replace"?

Thanks & Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this cant be update all in the other landscapes - this is by design and not an error to be solved

you are losing the eamning of a MDM system if you have exact multiple matches in the target first of all

make sure its either skip or replace

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin, Adrivit

you are right. My Dev and Preprod are in Sp5 and Prod is in SP3 at the moment.

However there's no need for me now to use replace since the intended functionality is met with the earlier two option.

Hi Adrivit,

Well I have the complete data being refreshed in everyday import so it is showing for me the multiple records with exact matching.

In any case, thans for your opinions/suggestions.

I am closign the thread now.