cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption with final assembly - how to check the functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new here and my questions might be pretty basic stuff for you. Our users are interested in the requirement strategy "Forecast consumption with final assembly (20)" . How does the calculation for this look like? How can I check the calculation ? In the standard view I can see only the forecast and the sales orders as a sum in "total demand"? How can I check if the forecast was really consumed?

Thanks for your knowledge,

Jana08

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to /SAPAPO/RRP3 . In the Forecast tab page you can see the consumption details.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nandha,

thank you for your reply. I have found the view you mean. In my example Quantity planned and Rem. Plnd. is filled.

My sales orders are not shown. In my example both Planned and rem. are equal even though I have in my Data view sales order shown (also coming from R/3). Is that correct or should the Planned Qty be reduced by the order?

Thanks Jana

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana

Here is an easy way to check the consumption. Open up the weekly or daily data view in your planning book or standard planning book (data view in weekly buckets is preferable).

Load a material , and pick a bucket that has both sales order quantity and forecast quantity. Note down the values. Lets say your S.O is 100 CS and Fcst is 150 CS. The total demand 250 . Now modify the sales order quantity from 100 to 110 CS or create a sales order for 10 CS for that material plant and make sure it falls in the same bucket. Now when you load your data in planning book , it should show S.O as 110 CS and fcst as 140 CS - that is the 10 CS of S.O consumed 10 CS from fcst and hence your net demand will remain as 250.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna,

thank you for your reply. That is exactly the example I was looking for.

However also the transaction RRP3 is helfpful t. However I found that not all test materials

I have changed to strategy 20 have data on the forecast view.

How can I trigger to see data there?

Thanks to all for your quick replies so far!!!

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you dont see data in forecast view , then for those materials you have to release the forecast from DP to SNP (/n/sapapo/mc90)

Thanks

Aparna

Answers (0)