cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock transfer from non HUM storLoc to HUM storLoc (vlmove)

former_member920667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the company I'm working for, we want to implement a Handling Unit Managed storage location (storage location linked to WH).

There will be a scenario that goods/stock will be transfered from production back to the WH. This production location has a different Storage location which will not be Handling Unit Managed.

To do this stock transfer I'm thinking of using transaction VLMOVE, but before transfering a HU can be created with T-Code HU02 in the Non HUM managed storage location (no stock information will be shown).

Question:

When executing VLMOVE, what will happen?

Will a outbound delivery be created (in the non HUM storage location)?

Will a inbound delivery be created (in the HUM storage location)?

HU moved from non HUM StorLoc to HUM StorLoc?

When the HU arrives at the HUM storage location an inbound delivery will be needed to process further the GR and placement. So I hope that a Inboud Delivery will be created using VLMOVE.

Could somebody please help me with question. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The flow explained by you can be easily executed in SAP

1. You have stock available in Non-HU managed Sloc.

2. You created Handling Units in HU02 in Non - HU Sloc.

3. Go to VLMOVE, select mtype - 311. Enter Destination Sloc, click on Post Goods Movement.

Material doc will be created and goods HU is moved to destination Sloc.

Since you alreday created HU in Non HU managed Sloc, no need for creating outbound and inbound delivery.

You can straight away post goods movement for HUs in VLMOVE

I had tested similar flow and no deliveries were created while HU movement in VLMOVE in my setup.

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member920667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So what you are saying is: when using VLMOVE no inbound delivery in the receiving storLoc will be created. But when I open the transaction VLMOVE I see the button create delivery. Is this for creating an outbound delivery at the source storLoc, or an inbound delivery at the delivery StorLoc.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create delivery option can be used if both Sloc were HU managed. Since, the source Sloc is not HU managed as in your case, you cannot create delivery for moving HU. I donu2019t think you cannot create delivery here. If the SLOC was HU managed, it would have created a Outbound Delivery from issueing Sloc

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

I believe the scenario you described is : goods/stock will be transfered from production back to the WH. This production location has a different Storage location which will not be Handling Unit Managed.

In such a case if the HU already exists then follow the below step

Go to HU02

Enter the HU number in the upper sub screen (pack material tab)

Enter the material, batch , qty etc for the stock to be packed in below sub screen.

Mention the destination storage location as the HU managed Sloc.

Press enter & then select the HU and material to be packed record and press pack button

Save the transaction .

If the HU is not present then during packing a new HU will be created. For Automatic packing suggestion you need to maintain the packing instruction .

I hope the information answers your query . Let us know if you have any further query on the same .

Cheers

Kaushik

P.S: VLMOVE will not work to move the stock from non-HU to HU managed Sloc as you need to mention the HU number in VLMOVE and while the stock in non- HU managed Sloc it is not attached with any HU.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

Following is the answer to your queries

When executing VLMOVE, what will happen?

- Steps to follow :

Create a new HU in HU managed Sloc

At the same time Pack the material in the non-HU managed sloc with the HU created. While packing maintain the destination Sloc as HU managed Sloc.

Save the HU.

Will a outbound delivery be created (in the non HUM storage location)?

No

Will a inbound delivery be created (in the HUM storage location)?

No

HU moved from non HUM StorLoc to HUM StorLoc?

Yes, it will after packing .

In case you have any further queries then please let us know .

Cheers

Kaushik

former_member920667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your respond. I'm glad that a goods movement form Non HU managed storLoc to a HUM storLoc is possible.

The only question is if it will be possible to create a inbound delivery after VLMOve in the HUM storLoc. We want one way of working in the HUM storLoc.

Thanks for you help.

Regards