cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in HOLDING status in AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue with JDBC receiver EOIO messages, with messages going into HOLD status in AE , its a DEV environment :

1) We have tried checking for failed messages before these messages we donot have any failed messages before these messages just messages in HOLD..

2) we are not able to delete or cancel these messages , we get a message cannot delete the message ,

3) The message is doing a INSERT update to JDBC , JDBC connection is fine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Check the Audit log of the message. You would be able to find some info.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hreen,

Audit log stops at HOLDING , NDLVD status , no error message ..just message retrieved from queue and message in holding status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you check queue status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi spantaleoni ,

Strange issue is we donot have anything in SMQ2 for this interface...is there any way to get rid of these messages , even Ima not able to delete these messages.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's a message in system error in the same queue (conversation ID) of holding message, you have to cancel it and restart messages in holding status.

As you are in DEV system, if you don't find the message that cause the problem, cancel all messages in system error.

Maybe there are also messages in delivering status, check it.

In this case you have to do a soft shutdown of J2ee services by transaction SMICM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Thanks , we had deleted all sys error msgs of other interfaces just in case , still no go....do you think SMICM will help , will have give a try with that , thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Check the SAP Note: 811864

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure Hareen , thanks will have a look....

Former Member
0 Kudos

try "Resend" for message in holding status after have cancelled those in system error.

SMICM worths a try, as you are in DEV.

SMICM>Adiministration>local J2ee-->soft shutdown with restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

we are not able to resend the messages nor cancel them , I will give a try with SMICM....any more suggestions....

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this too. Go to Jdbc reciever cc.. stop and restart it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quote, try to restard channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have tried restarting the channels, it din make any difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Have you checked the SAP Note given by me in the previous post?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If there is no messsges in the system error for the interface try checking the message with the DELIVERING status. There would be 5 of them atleast

If yes then restart the Java server that should do the trick.

You can fix the problem by increasing the threads.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Request,

Hiren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Please let me know if your problem is fixed.

I'm also facing the same problem in our Testing system where many messages are going to HOLD Status and also there are no messages in the System Error state.

We are trying to resend all the messages in every "Conversation ID". After this some messages gets successful and some will go into Waiting status. We then cancel the messages in waiting status and resend all the messages in HOLD status and the process continues till all the messages in HOLD status in every Coversation ID were cleared.

But this is a very very time consuming process.

So can you please let me know if there is any solution for this prolem.

Thanks,

Pruthvi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Please check this

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

for EOIO message processing , you can check the conversion ID and Sequence number in RWB. You can configure the display from the table configuration and please check if there is any message with system error.

Thanks

Sugata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suguta,

I went through that blog ...have basically done that as the first step....so any other thoughts , thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There should be an error message before Holding message.

Check Serialization Context of the holding messages.The you can find all Error messages for that using RWB Message Monitoring for that serialization context.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpil

Thanks for the sugesstion , I tried the serilaization , I didnot find any messages , its in DEV we are testing the interface.....it had worked before ....now after a month its giving this issue...