cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.out.println();

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

Could anyone please tell me where can I see the "System.out.println" sentences I code in my J2EE-Netweaver applications??

I supose it has to be an archive in the server... But... Which one?

Thanks a lot.

Alberto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

All the console and error messages of WAS are stored in the log deirectory under the server folder.

Check the following path for your case,

D:\saploc\GUR\JC00\j2ee\<b>cluster\server0\log\console_logs</b>

Hope this helps you,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people, thanks for your answers, but... I cannot find anything in that directory

Are you are sure that System.out.println are stored in an archive in log directory??

This is supposed to be a very essential thing and I cannot find anything

Any other solution??

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use System.err.println() statements, as the severity level set to default file is different for System.out. Using System.err.println() statements you can see your statements.

regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Kiran, but System.err.println() doesn't let me configure the severity and the default file...

Maybe this could appear in a console instead of an archive???

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

You have to configure the SAP WAS to produce the console log files. Start the <b>Config Tool</b> -> Cluster Data -> Server -> Open the <b>Console Logs</b> tab, make sure that the logging is available by checking the check boxes and specify the path for your log files.

Now restart the server to make the settings take effect.

I think that will solve your problem

Best regards,

Guru.

PS: Award points for helpfull replies.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your replies.

I'm out of office now, I'll check it as soon as posible

Regards.

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Alberto,

Did you eventually enable your AS Java server to produce console log file? I have same problem too but I cannot find anywhere in Config Tool where I can enable it. I use 7.1. Thanks.

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default file is under C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log. You can also configure the log file in Visual Administrator under cluster->services-> Log configuration. You can refer to doc -> Using Logging and Tracing on the SAP Web AS Java.pdf

thanks

Kiran

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You would see these in the log files. Check the log files under the followig directory.

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

Should be the defaultTrace files.

Regards,

Rich Heilman