cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LI21 - Restrict storage bin selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've been searching, but honestly I don't even know how to search for this requirement.

At LI21 I have to choose a storage type and a storage bin in which stock differences will be cleared. My problem is that I can put any storage bin, even if it's not an inventory storage bin!

For example, I can clear the scrap bin (SCHROTT) or another bin for any other inventory document!

Is there any standard solution for this?

Best Regards,

André Costa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In LI21 you should only clear stock from 999 st type

This can be set in OMM8

Tick the st type you DONT want to clear stock from and leave 999 unticked

I hope that this Helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

LI20 is used to clear differences in warehouse managment and you are clearing a inventory document for a storage bin and LI21 is clearing inventory difference in in inventory management ONLY instorage type 999.

Each and every time you clear an inventor document using t-code Li20 the system will automatically create a bin in 999 referencing that physical invnetory document number.

In LI21 you maily clear an invnetory document number sitting in 999 AND ITS either you are writing stock on (Gain)or writing stock off (loss).

Be sure when you clear storage type 999 because it wil affect you financial books.

Thanks

Silas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the replies, but I think I haven't explained properly.

My issue concerns the storage bin and not the storage type.

I want the user to be able to select only an inventory storage bin and not a scrap or lost&found storage bin.

Do you have any clue?

Best Regards,

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those storage bins are sap standard, however clearing of invnetory differeces should only be done by a warehouse manager or financial manager or as their delegation.

When you want to clear invenetory diiferences, the sytem will default everything sitting in 999, beacuse all your differences during putaway, inventory ,picking,checking are posted to diiferent storage bins in 999.So what you need to do is, when you run 999 sap will show you all differences in 999, however you can deselect all bins that you dont want to use and select the invenetory storage bins.

Thanks

Silas

Edited by: Silas Ngcobo on Mar 30, 2011 9:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silas,

the problem is that mistakes happen (quite often btw) and the storage bin is not a mandatory field even...

If you forget to select the proper storage bin at the selection screen, you may not realize that you have more storage bins in the list, specially because of the alphanumeric sort.

Maybe I can create a screen variant, at least it may help.

Best Regards,

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remember that when you clear inventory diffirences, the system creates a material document and that material document can be cancelled using MBST or migo

Thanks

Silas