cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

at first I got one activities but failed to activated it because the build was unsuccessful.

Then second time I try to fix it with a new activities and build was success without error only got a few warning.

But then this activities also failed to activated event it was successfull build. Is it because I have predecessor activities that is related?

attch is the screenshot.

[image|https://sites.google.com/site/logfile56231/activation/activation2.PNG?attredirects=0]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

1) Suppose you are doing modification in resource (for e.g. File-A).

2) Assuming you added lineX in the File-A, and this modification was wrapped inside Activity-A.

3) After this modification you build your project, but it fails to build. But still you go ahead and check-in this Activity-A.

4) And then you try to activate the same Activity-A, so it is obvious that it will fail because build was unsuccessful.

5) And the same Activity-A will be still pending inside the pending Activities list for Activation.

6) Now, to correct this you add one more lineY in the File-A, and this modification you wrap inside Activity-B.

7) After this modification you build your project, and this time the build goes successful, so you check-in this Activity-B.

😎 Then from the Activation View of NWDS you Activate this activity, at this particular moment you'll get a popup asking to activate the Activity-B with it's predecessor Activity-A. as both the activities have been associated for the modification of a common resource (i.e. File-A).

So, if you are sure that if your latest activity is containing the changes that resulted in the successful build operation then, on activating that activity with all it's predecessors, must result in the successful activation.

If you are still getting the activation failure, then kindly attach the screenshot of it, so that i can come to know whether the build operation is failing, or the deployment operation is failing. please provide the activation log details.

Please select that activity and expand the DCs under Activation Results.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya