cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A changed PO will trigger a new shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client has a requirement of triggering a new shopping cart from an existing PO.

When adding line items to existing PO, a new shopping cart should be created with total amount of the PO (old items +new items)

Once SC is approved, the existing PO should be updated with delta amount i.e. new item.

Could you please put some ideas on how to achieve this? Probably, SAP SRM standard does not support this.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are business reasons for this requirement? I do not see any business value.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I agree with you. The proposal is in RFP stage and I need to check with the customer for details. I will comeback to you once I get the details.

May I assume such functionality if required can be custom developed?

Regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I had checked with my client. As per them, it is their business process. It happens quite often that a shopping cart with value say, 100,000 USD has been created and approved to create a follow-up purchase order.

Now, once the purchase order has been created, it has been realised that one more item worth 100,000 USD has to be procured from the same supplier. They donot want to delete the purchase order and create a shopping cart from scratch. Instead, they want the addition of item in the purchase order to trigger a new shopping cart (with existing item +new item). Once the shopping cart is approved, the existing PO should be updated with the delta amount.

How to achieve this? Certainly, SAP SRM standard feature does not support this. How to trigger the functional module for shopping cart creation on addition of item to a purchase order?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sure contract and contract monitoring can help.

First, contract is created. Contract items can be transfered to catalog.

User creates SC with items from catalog then PO is created. PO items have contract reference.

Contract Monitor gives you what are ordered quantity and release value.

Regards,

Masa

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

If you change a PO, why would you need a new SC? Just do approval on the changed PO. Remember that the SC holds no value as a legal document, it's only a Purchasing Request.

I don't understand the following reasoning:

Instead, they want the addition of item in the purchase order to trigger a new shopping cart (with existing item +new item). Once the shopping cart is approved, the existing PO should be updated with the delta amount.

1. The PO is changed with a new item, so if the PO first had 1 item it now has 2. This is the trigger to create a new SC.

2. A new SC should be created with the 1 old item and the one new item

3. Update the PO to make it the same as you already had, because the trigger is the added item?

That is just going round in a circle if I understood this correctly. And what benefit does this give to your client?

Something that I can see working:

1. Create a new shopping cart with the extra item. In this SC also fill a reference to the PO (as a customer field) you want to update.

2. After ordering this Approval on SC will run (or no approval - as you can do that later on the PO if approval should be done on the full amount)

3. After approval put it for example in the sourcing cockpit (or make sure there is another way to identify these SC for which an existing PO needs to be updated instead of creating a new one).

4. In a custom program (or workflow that starts after the event SAVED of the SC is raised), check if there are any SC that need to be added to an existing PO. If yes: do that, with FM BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL, BBP_PD_PO_UPDATE, BBP_PD_PO_SAVE and COMMIT WORK at the end)

5. Set the SOURCE_REL_IND of the SC to 'Sourcing Carried Out')

6. Optional: approval on the complete amount of the changed PO

Result: 2 SC with all line items, 1 PO with all line items. And you don't need to find out which items already were in the PO in the first place. Also the PO history will display both SC.

Regards,

Robin

Answers (0)