cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup wizard for the Diagnostics agent give an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Iu2019m setting up the diagnostics agents on my Solution Manager system.

When I start the Diagnostics Setup wizard and go through the configuration steps I get an error in the configuration step. The error I get is in the Type SSO with the message u201CA failure occured while setting 'ticket' authentication template to the Diagnostics Componentsu201D.

The SSO details gives a little bit extrainformation:

Found SID for SSO ACL entry : SM1

Found login.ticket_client for SSO ACL entry : 000

Backup SSO ticket cert file was restored from SMD Repository

ABAP SSO ticket certificate of SM1 was imported in ABAP PSE of localhost (client 001)

The ABAP SSO ticket certificate was successfully imported in ABAP System PSE, and the ACL updated accordingly (SID=SM1 LoginTicketClient=001)

Java SSO ticket certificate of SM1 was imported in ABAP PSE of localhost (client 001)

The Java SSO ticket certificate was successfully imported in ABAP System PSE, and the ACL updated accordingly (SID=SM1 LoginTicketClient=000)

The ABAP instance profile contains the parameter : login/accept_sso2_ticket=1

Failed to give write privileges to security domain sap.com/tcwebadministratorsolmandiag/servlet_jsp/smd/root/WEB-INF/lib/SetupLib.jar for inserting the ABAP cert into J2EE Keystore. Please check SAP Note 960304

!! Exception : com.sap.engine.services.keystore.exceptions.BaseRemoteException: Code permissions for domain[sap.com/tcwebadministratorsolmandiag/servlet_jsp/smd/root/WEB-INF/lib/SetupLib.jar] and keystore operation [{WRITE_ENTRY TicketKeystore SAPLogonTicketKeypair-cert }] are not granted

From the error description I conclude that there is a write problem in the described domain. The file permissions for the SetupLib.jar file have I changed from -rw-ru2014r-- 1 sm1adm sapsys 575084 Aug 26 2010 SetupLib.jar to -rw-rw-rw- 1 sm1adm sapsys 575084 Aug 26 2010 SetupLib.jar but didnu2019t solve the problem. What could be the problem here?

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Have you checked SAP Note 960304?

Reason and Prerequisites

Under certain circumstances, the J2EE security domains used for reading

the keystore contents from the SMD setup application, can no longer be

available.

The absence of the J2EE security domains can be verified in Visual Admin

: server->services->Key Storage->Runtime tab->Security tab : if the "All

Domains" list is empty, the security domains are no longer available for

the SSO setup of SMD.

Solution

Restart the Monitoring J2EE engine, optionally check the presence of

security domains in Visual Admin, retry the SMD setup.

Have you verified if the ALL DOmains list is empty?

You should also have a Close Look at SAP Note

1121248 - SSO Setup for Diagnostics

These should assist in resolving this error.

Regards,

Paul