cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenraio is SOAP to RFC synchronous. Please let me know the prerequisites for doing this scenario..I know how to develop this scenari in XI. But I would like to know in detail about the steps involved in maintaining the connectivity between Sender system (Webserver) and XI.

Thanks

Suma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>My scenraio is SOAP to RFC synchronous. Please let me know the prerequisites for doing this scenario..I know how to >>develop this scenari in XI. But I would like to know in detail about the steps involved in maintaining the connectivity between >> Sender system (Webserver) and XI.

You have to do usual procedure in ESR like creating data types, mesg types, mm and operation mapping and so. In Integration directory, you have to create soap sender and rfc receiver communication channel and rest are all same. Then you will create WSDL.

Creating WSDL.. two ways...

a)one is sender agreement and pick display wsdl option and save the file .. That is WSDL.

b)tools -> display wsdl ->

Then you have to specify url (Note: dont use proposed url) as below

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel

host - pi host name

port - 50000

party not available - ignore it

service - sender interface

channel - sender communication channel

after that next following screens specify sender business component, sender interface and namespace.

Finally save the wsdl.

c) Provide this wsdl to the client. Once you activate your ID objects then PI is hosting the webservice using sender soap adapter

d) Test using soapui tool using the wsdl and check all are working as expected.

e) RFC side is pretty standard. You have to import in your software component and use it as target mesg.

There are plenty of links for soap and RFc configuration.

Soap [ link|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/technology/sap/113/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for your reply.

How can I know that firewall is open between XI server and webserver?

Thanks

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While testing the scenario if you get Connection Refused or Connection Time Out error then we can say there is an issue with Firewall.

First develop the scenario and test using SOAP UI tool.

Check below link for details on scenario development.

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-part-i/technology/sap/6/

Regards,

Phani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

To establish connectivity between Sender system to XI, you have to create one web service definition in ID based on your communication channel and service interface. And provide that WSDL to sender system so that they will create one client proxy at their end to send message to XI.

Regards,

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

So only WSDL file we need to send to source system right?

Is there anything like we need to exchange certificates between Source system and XI?

Thanks

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

No I don't think anything else is required. Source system require authentication details of XI system to send messges to XI.

Except authentication details nothing is required.

Regards,

Nayan