Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Configuration- Question

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 3 requirements while configuring service desk in solution manager:

1) Is there any possibility that we can restrict view of messages in solman for different teams. E.g: Finance Support team should not view message raised for Material Management Team ?

2) Is there any possibility in service desk that we can assign message on the basis of location e.g: message raised for finance from location A should go to different support team of finance and for location B, it should go to different finance team ?

3) Is there any possibility that we can make some question necessary while user is raising very high priority message from satellite system e.g: when we raise Very high priority message on service market place, we need to answer few mandatory questions ?

I tried to search these functionality in standard scenario but I am not able to find something relevant. Please suggest.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for the first query, you may look this for help

[|]

Jansi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Miguel: I think CRM person is not the correct person because this is the standard scenario and does not require nay customizing in the code. As far as Country is concerned, in my case country is same but I need to put different location in a country which I think is not possible.

@Jansi: Link you suggested might be implemented but my question again as raised in this link: If I have around 10000 users then it means I need to make 10000 roles. I don't think so it is a good idea.

Do anyone knows what SAP suggest for these scenarios ?

Thanks

Sunny

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Actually I think Miguel is correct as this requirement is dealing with setting the right authorizations.

Solution Manager authorizations start with SM_, however when it comes to Service Desk many security objects belong to CRM_ and not SM_. So often the knowledge for restricting/allowing specific access scenarios rests with the CRM experts and not the Solution Manager experts. It is a direction you should persue as well.

Regrds,

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is likely that any information leading to successful implementation of the scenarios you mention would be answered, if at all, in the CRM forum or by CRM experts in here. I , for one, have supported Service Desk for two years but I have very limited knowledge of anything strictly not in the standard scenario. I guess that the full-blown features of the underlying CRM would be better known to someone with a CRM business transaction consulting background.

I found PFAC rule 14000164 with container 'COUNTRY', I did a test determination by entering a country code as container value and two teams were determined. So if you can successfully pull the value to be checked from the BP who created the support message, you could perhaps check rule 14000164 as an example.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ