cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP® E-Sourcing Workflow escalation

0 Kudos

Hi

I am required to add escalation functionality to my workflow such that if a workflow sits waiting for approval for over three days the designated approver should be sent a reminder e-mail to action the approval.

Thanx for the help..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge there is no standard functionality for Workflow Escalation.

Alternatively, you can develop a JAVA project in which you retireve the all the pending workitems from 3 days, then you can trigger the mail from there to the user.

Export the Java proj as JAR file. Deploy this jar file as custom jar on the ESO server.

Create a Scheduled Task to execute this JAVA class.

This sud take care of your requirement.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thank you Vaibhav for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamanga,

I am working on the similar requirement. Were you able to write custom code for the same?

Please provide inputs on the above issue.

Thanks,

Saloni

0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

sorry for the late response, I did create an external java program that connects directly to the database, and sends out notifications for items. the program reads a simple configuration file to determine the escalation internvals and fetches the workitem detail directly from the DB(table FCI_WORK_ITEM and FCI_UPP_USER_ACCOUNT). I then packaged this as an executable jar and created a batch script that executes it. I then scheduled a job on the OS to execute this daily. let me know if you are still interested. i can share the details with you.

kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please share the details with me please ? I am working for same requirement of escalation workflow .

Regards

Sudipta

0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

please check tables FCI_WORK_ITEM and FCI_PRO_PROJECTS, they have all the details you need to determine the item approval status and the start date. you will have to decide on the time interval for escalating items, our solution only sends out notifications to the person who created the item and the person who is responsible for approval and does not escalate to managers, but i guess you can do that if you wanted.

kind regards,

Thabiso