cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to order item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to create Make-to-order.but when I entering material, it is showing an error message "item category can not determined...". I also created material with item category group(0001-make to order). should I enter item category manually in the sales order for the make-to-order item? I also created material (MM01) with Industry sector-mechanical engineering and material type- semi finished material. should I select finished product here? Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

deepak_dave2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The item category determination in VOV4 needs to be done for the combination Sales order type /Item category group (here - 0001/- / - = TAK.

Also check Setting of TAK (MTO item) in VOV7 and maintain VOV5 and determine Schedule line Category CP .

Then Punch the Order VA01 with the MTO item category which you have maintained in MM01.

Regards

Deepak Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to do as following steps:

1) Go to vov4, then you will be able to view "Item category assignment" table, in there is combination between sales order type,item category, default item category, material item category.

2) In order to generate 0001 for your make to order item category, so please be sure there is a combination in vov4

3) After you confirmed it, then you need to match your sales order type, material item category to item category 0001.

Let me know if you have question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Item category determination in transaction code VOV4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls. maintain item category determination th. the following path -

SPRO->Sales and Dist.->Sales Document Item ->Assign Item categories

Here for the Order Type and Item cat. group 0001 - put Default Item Cat.( normally we use copy of TAK).

Thanks