cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

We are implementing interface between SAP and APO. One of the parts is sending resources (CRC3) and master recipes (C203) to APO. APO will utilize them to create planned order, then planned orders will be sent to SAP for creation process orders (PP-PI), the SAP will send back to APO created process orders. All information exchanges are provided by CIF

Resource contains capacity formula SAP002 = (Machine Time X Operation Qty) / (Base qty X Splits). Operation qty is quantity from operation tab of process order. My question is how APO will find value for Operation Qty?

Probably capacity formula is incorrect, could you please advice?

Best Regards

Eduard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Master recepie you need to define the base qty, operation qty and charge qty and the machine time.

From the capacity formula defined in the resource system calculates the capacity requierd and based on the scheduling formula defined in the scheduling tab page schedules the order.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please give example of scheduling formula?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Duration of activity = fixed duration + (variable duration x order quantity/output quantity)

Resource consumption =fixed consumption + (variable consumption x order quantity/output quantity)

Duration of activity is scheduling formula and resource consumption is capacity formula.

To produce 1EA( Base qty) - machine time is 5 Mins

To produce 10 EA( Opeartion qty)- 50 Mins

Duration of activity= 0+(5*10/1)= 50 Mins

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you veru much for your answer it is answer on my question, as fas as I can see you have quantity based planning but we have time based planning, it is a difference