cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart not getting columns from the SQL Query with InlineTransform(xsl)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using MII 12.0 . I tried to use the mii standard xsl for converting rows into columns by Inline Transform in a SQL Query.

while executing the Query it is giving me the correct output but i tried to load the same Query in a IChart there it is not showing me the available columns that i can able to see in simple executiion and chart is also not plotting it keeps on loading.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LinoVaz,

Some things to try for testing purposes -

1. Don't do any Data Mapping of the query columns

2. If a SQL Query, you may need to change the Server Scaling to use Global AutoScale.

I found that when I mapped the inline-transformed query into a bar chart display template, and hit the Refresh button, only the first column name show in the Column Names area. If I mapped it, I got only that column. If I didn't map any columns, I got them all.

Let me know if you find similar results. I think this is likely a bug, so you may consider using a Business Logic Transaction and an XacuteQuery to accomplish the same result.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Mar 25, 2011 11:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana Hoppe ,

Thank you for your kind response..

The problem really lies in setting RowCount of SQL Query.If we set the RowCount more than 7 lakhs (say 8 lakhs) and map that Query to a Pie Chart [for other chart it is working fine],the chart keeps on loading and it is not plotting the graph.

and If we use any xsl inline transform for a query and in iChart it will show only one column name but it will plot graph for all the columns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LinoVaz,

Just to clarify, a Pie Chart will not load if the sql query RowCount is > 8?

Are you using the transform on the query you are using for the Pie Chart?

What is the exact version of 12.0 you are using?

Please answer all of the questions above. I am using version 12.0 SP11 and have not seen any issue with the Pie Chart and sql query with a high rowcount.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I am using 12.0 SP02 version.

I tried with simple example

Created a SQL Query with RowCount [ 8,000,000 ] and mapped this Query to a PieChart.Here I am not getting any Pie Chart it keeps on loading.

and

In the above same SQL Query I changed the RowCount to [ 7,000,000 ] ,I am getting the Pie Chart for this RowCount.

except Line Chart every other Chart Types have this problem, Is that because of SP?

Thanks and Regards,

LinoVaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

7M+ records to a pie chart? Yikes....talk about small pieces of a pie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

LinoVaz,

The Pie Chart can have a maximum of 32 "slices", since there are 32 pens. Why would you ever need a rowcount that high?

The reason the Line Chart works is likely because there is a display template property called "Use Screen Resolution" which is checked by default, which limits the rowcount to the number of available pixels on the screen.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LinoVaz,

I would recommend two modifications.

First, I would suggest upgrading your installation from SP2 to SP11 (I think this is the latest Service Package).

Second, figure out what data your chart needs to display. Your screen resolution will not support presenting the data in a way that a business user could find value in. I would either check again on what the user needs or find some way to do data aggregation within an MII transaction so that there are a reasonable number of slices in your pie (usually under 12, but you can have as many as 32 by pen count).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses.

I think i need to update my SP

My SQL Query returning me only two columns [ two pens] going to be plotted , but if we set rowcount number to be more, it is not plotting in MII 12.0 SP02.

reason is, i used same SQL Query for displaying data in tabular format and also for plotting chart,for tabular format i need to set higher rowcount.

Now i changed to two different SQL Queries my problem is solved ,but have a simple doubt 12.0 SP02 have any RowCount Limitation for Charts

Thanks and Regards,

LibnoVaz

Answers (0)