Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client having cylinder business, he wants that when goods are issue, he will maintain the serial number of each cylinder so that proper recording can be maintained.

Number range user will input externally as mentioned on the cylinder not required the system generated serial number.

Can any of my gurus assist me for the configuration of the same.

Looking for the feedback.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue resolved,

PP configured it and I simply utilize it at delivery level.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain Serial No. Profile through OIS2 transaction code, Standard Serial No. profile is given for SD document, check whether its fulfill your requrement, if it is then use other wise define a new.

Deactive the lock for internal assignment for serial numbers: Path: IMG -> Plant maintainance and Customer servies ->Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Technical Objects -> Serial Number Management -> Deactivate Lock for Internal Assignment of Serial Numbers

Maintain this serial no. profile in material master in Sales:Genaral / Plant view.

Edited by: Dhiraj Bhaskar on Mar 25, 2011 10:27 AM

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dear,

But please do update me that where I input the serial number at the order or delivery level, like some time required on order level and some time on delivery level.

I have a single line item with 10 quantity let say.

Please advise

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

in VL01N transaction code: Extras -> Serial No.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

i got the point

but when I choose Extra > Serial Number and take F4 in the field of serial number system open a broad selection list and if revert back shows two selection parameter "Serial Number List" and "Material serial Number".

Can you assist me in that, what is this and how I am going to cater this.

Looking for the response.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u need to create a serial no through T code IQ01.

Then in delivery select material serial no. press F4 it shows the all entries which are created in IQ01 and which are not dispatched.

Edited by: Dhiraj Bhaskar on Mar 25, 2011 2:29 PM

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

Did SD is going to configure this.

Becase when I am going into this transaction it ask for "Stock Type" and related other field, and give the message "Number range does not exits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is comes in SD MM and PP also, its depends upon the requirement, here you want serial no in delivery then SD needs to maintain all settings.

Please maintain all necessary setting for serial no, like number range and all in IMG ->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Technical Objects -> Serial Number Management.