cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of LS07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am very much confused about t-code LS07, can you confirm me what is the actual use of LS07.

Regards

Ishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ishu

I have just found a delivery in our system that had not been picked and contained 2 pieces of material XXX

We have 1000 pieces of this material located in one bin in the system

I went to LS07 and applied the removal block for the Material and then went to the delivery and tried to create a TO to pick it and got the message

Material is blocked for stock removal

It does work so I am not sure why yours doesn't

Frenchy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ishu

I am confused now because that should work, I will try some tests in our Dev system and get back to you

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two similar Transactions, LS06 & LS07

LS06 is used to Block specific Storage bins either for put away or for Removal or for Both

This can be useful if you want to ckear a certain area in the Warehouse you can block all the bins in that area for pur away but not for removal and therefore you can still pick from the bins but not put anything away, This will eventually empty those bins for you.

LS07 is use to block an actual material or materials with the same options as LS06 and so if you have a soecific material for which you have problems you could for instance block it for removal so that if you get new receipts for the material you can still do the GR and put away but not pick it until you have decided what you want to do with the material and either scrap it or release it for picking

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Edited by: Frenchy on Mar 25, 2011 8:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frenchy,

Thanks for the answer, when I blocked some quants for stock removal, using LS07, But when I am making sales delivery, system is picking the same quants, but since, we have blocked the quants system should not allow that quant for picking.

Please suggest,

Ishu

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcode LS07 is use to block unblock the particular quant in the storage bin. In SAP we can block the complete bin for putaway and/or removal, but if bin contain several quants/pallets of same/different material and one particular pallet/quant get damaged; it is not wise to put all the remaining quants in the bin on HOLD by updating putaway & removal block to the bin.

So the use of LS07 is for blocking the use of particular quant in the bin.

Hope this clarify the doubt.

Reg,

Sudhir