Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressing tab key within table not scrolling to next input field

bruce_fackerell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a table with editable and read only fields. I have more than 20 columns. When the tab Key is pressed it scrolls only to the editable fields that are in the visible screen. It does not scroll the table to the right to the next input field.

However if I change the screen size so that the scroll bar is required for the browser then it will scroll across moving the browser scroll bar, moving the cursor to the input field that was not visible. Again it does not go further moving the scroll bar within the table to the next editable field to the right.

The table has been set to scrollable with the scrollable column count set to 8.

We are using explorer 8 on 7.01

Is it possible to have the tab key move from input field to input field scrolling the table to the next input field if it is not visible yet?

Thanks

Bruce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

to my knowledge , unfortunately it is not possible .May be a wish list for SAP for coming release?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bruce_fackerell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for that answer. Does anyone know that this is the case for sure.

Thanks

Bruce

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What you describe sounds like the correct functionality. If you set a scrollable column count, only the visble rows are actually rendered on the client side. When you use the horizontal scroll bar, you are triggering a server side event to retrive the next set of visible columns. Therefore the browser doesn't actually know anything about non-visible columns and hence the tab can't go to them.

When you increase the number of visible columns (or don't set anything for visible column) you render al the columns on the client side and use the browser scrolling. Therefore the tab works.