SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming document with different account assignment from Earmarked Funds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented Public Sector FM functionality in version ECC 6.0 and we are using Earmarked Funds (Funds Reservation).

The system is allowing to post consuming documents with different account assignment from that in the

Funds reservation document nevertheless we donu2019t have set the indicator 'Acct.asst.changeable' in the Funds Reservation document.

I don't need the fields Fund Center and Commitment Item to be transfered from earmarked funds document (Define Rules for Account Assignment Transfer). Instead, if consuming document have a different account assignment, the user should get the error message no. RE603 'Account assignment differs from document XX 001'.

In version 4.6C it worked this way. In our case the Fund Center is delivered from Cost Center and Commitment Item is delivered from Cost Element (SAP - Derivation Strategy for FM Object Assignment).

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

In order to keep the account assignment in consuming document, you have to set the rules via IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Funds Management-Specific Postings - Earmarked Funds and Funds Transfers - Account Assignment Transfer.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

As I said before, ', I don't need the fields Fund Center and Commitment Item to be transfered from earmarked funds document. '

It is an error because if the user makes a mistake and post an incorrect earmarked funds document with a different account assignment, the system should show this error message unless we set the indicator 'Acct.asst.changeable' in the Funds Reservation document.

I needo to now how can i get messge error in case of Consuming document have different account assignment from Earmarked Funds.

Kind regards,

Rodrigo

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I see... Check if you have no special setting for FICUSTOM014 message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I looked in view v_t100c (Messages control by user) in area FICUSTOM and there is not entries for Message number 014

I need to set this message error?

I thought that error message we should get was RE603 ' Account assignment differs from XX document 001 '.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You get the error message RE603 when you make the settings below:

1. Spro > ... > Earmarked funds and funds transfer > Account assignment transfer > Define rules for account assignment transfer; you flag the 'Active' boxes for account assignment (sort of conterintuitive).

2. Spro > ... > Earmarked funds and funds transfer > Change message control; change RE603 to 'E'.

3. In Earmarked fund document, flag the 'Acct.asst. changeable' box (totally conterintuitive).

Please give it a try and let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Ming

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

RE603 is information message. Basically, you should receive it when the flag 'account assignment changeable' is set and the account assignment differs from the EMF. It's just to inform you that you are posting to a different account assignment. However, FICUSTOM014 is the one which comes in error, when the flag is not set. This message is set on IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Basic Settings - Change Message Control. But it's default is 'error'; that's why I asked if it was not changed.

Regards,

Eli