cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying the layout of a standard SAP WD view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to modify the layout of a SAP std. WD app. view. We need to re-group few fields that are already available on the screen. So this is not necessarily an enhancement, but just a modification of the layout. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

The only way I can think of it is by using 'Remove Element' technique in WD enhancements . Any suggestions ?

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my understanding it is other way around. You can enhance and not modify UI elements.

see [|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

You are absolutely correct. What I meant by 'modifying' layout was that I do not want to add any new UI elements, I just want to 'modify' the layout. So in a sense, it was a modification of layout and not an enhancement. Hope I made myself clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i understand it.

Open the iView, press the enhancement icon from the toolbar. Create the enhancement implementation, supply all necessary data for the package/local object.

Once you see the enhancement mode in the layout editor, delete the UI element, create your own UI element. Activate.

If you have problem, revert back. I believe there is are wiki's about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskaran,

In my initial post I had mentioned that "The only way I can think of it is by using 'Remove Element' technique in WD enhancements" . I understand how do do this. However I was looking at a workaround solution to just modify the layout. If I go for deleting and adding layout elements, I am sure I would end up doing 'a lot of' enhancement'.

And I also wonder if SAP gave the capability to 'remove' the UI elements, they could have somehow given an option to change the layout as well.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> And I also wonder if SAP gave the capability to 'remove' the UI elements, they could have somehow given an option to change the layout as well.

The future of this sort of activity (layout rearrangement) is actually not in the Enhancement Framework. The goal is to increasingly use Floorplan Manager and Generic UI Building Blocks. This makes the UI layout much more customizable by storing as part of the FPM configuration instead of part of the development object. Of course Freestyle WDA components will always be necessary and the Enhancement Framework will remain for those options, but GUIBB will be used wherever possible for increased freedom.