cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Document Builder to SRM PPS using Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurs,

I'm not able to integrate Document builder to SRM RFx or Contract. (Related links)

Going by configuration guide, Created the Client Proxy in SE80.

Uploaded the XML message from the report /IPRO/OUTPUT_WSDL

In (SE80).

3. Select a package.

Here, when i select a ZDOC package, its giving me a error when in try to save the package after creating the client proxy Wizard.

4. Right-click to open the context menu and choose Create 􀁯 Enterprise Service / Web

Service 􀁯 Proxy Object.

went to utility made the view for proxy view. Still then i am not able to see Proxy Object. Though i get the wizard for that.

5. Select Local File and upload the XML message.

6. Specify the package.

7. Save the proxy as a local object and activate it. Once activated, the data types defined in

Customizing are automatically generated and mapping is available.

Can you help me out exactly with what steps needs to be done to get the Document Builder reflected in the Related links of RFX.

Correct me if i am wrong. Then after Creating the Client proxy somehow, when i went to WSADMN, i could not see the client proxy which i created in the above steps.

Ok if i go with SOAMANAGER, /IPRO/CALL_DOCB (is SRM both the Service Provider as well as Consumer)

I am confused.

what i want is?

what steps needs to be done to get the Document Builder reflected in the Related links of RFX.

Can someone kindly help this out.

with regards,

Freemind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if what you want to see is the "Document Builder" link from "Related Links" of your RFx document, what you need to do is to configure it in IMG :

SPRO - SRM Server >> Cross-Industry Functions >> Integration with Document Builder >> Activate Document Builder Integration

There you should specify an entry with the following:

DB DocTypes: Object Type EBP Local RFx

And the URL to the Doc Builder webDynpro application in the format of https://<server:port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/ipro/wd_docb

And be sure to check that checkbox marked with "+" on the column header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats the first thing i did in Document Builder. I activated document builder with the said settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The next thing you have to do is "Define Reference Data" for "Object Type EBP Local RFx", with your Document Builder content.

The data element would be the proxy structure you generated.

The document selection can be configured in Cross Application Components >> Document Builder >> Document Management >> Document Group and Selection >> Define Document Selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Ok thats done. Still i we need to do the Web Service activation through SOAManager rite. Correct me if i am wrong.

There are 2 parts to look into it.

1. We can use the OLD Proxy Method used as Web Service.

2. Integration with SAP XI. (Note: PID is available in System Landscape)

We took the discussion to go with OLD Proxy Method used as Web Service for now, Since its working in Sandbox.

We created a client proxy ZDOCB in SE80 and activated it using the wizard.

we created a Logical Port in LPConfig.

And when checking for Web Service in WSADMIN, we are not able to find the Old Proxy used as Web Service.

We can use SOAManager instead. Since its not Configured in Sandbox, we went and configured in the old transaction itself (WSADMIN, LPCONFIG).

If its feasible, can we do in SOAManager also.

Objective:

to get the Document Builder reflected in the Related links of RFx and Contract.

Regards,

Freemind

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to define reference data, as I mentioned in my previous post, I had assumed that you have already generated client proxy, because the data element filled in the entry is part of the generated proxy object. If your object is ONLY to show "Document Builder" link from the "Related Links" dropdown list, you should be successful after defining reference data. Whether or not you would be able to launch Document Builder application successfully following the link then depends on other variables, such as your RFC destination definition for Adobe LiveCycle Generator, among others.

I have no experience in having XI in the middle or SOMAN for Document Builder so I can't comment on those.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Freemind and I are working on this together. We activated doc builder ntergation, defined reference data, and document selections, still no doc builder in the related links. Did you have to bounce the system aftter all these?

Tiffany.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm... Let's check the following:

0. In your "Define Reference Data", the generated Data Element is, more likely than not, named "ZXCT_DOCB_ROOT".

1. What's your SRM release (I assume 7.0) and SP level?

2. Have you installed Adobe LiveCycle ES, gone through the configuration and tested successfully the PDF generation service?

3. Have you configured via SM59 the RFC destination pointing to your Adobe LC generator?

4. Have you gone through the client proxy generation?

5. Have you created/imported content?

6. Last but not least, does the user have DocB roles, such as /IPRO/AUTHOR, /IPRO/MANAGER and /IPRO/CONTENT_MANAGER ?

If it still doesn't work, bouncing the system sounds like a plausible idea.

Edited by: Jay Yang on Apr 1, 2011 5:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Bounced the system. Still no doc builder in the related links.

0. The Data Element is named ZDOCDB_DOCB_ROOT, is that a problem?

1. SRM 7.0 SP 07.

2. Yes. We have ADS (adobe document services) and configured. Is it Same with Adboe LifeCyle ES?

3. Yes.

4. Yes, client proxy is generated.

5. Yes.

6. Yes. All /IPRO/* roles are there.

Did you create a logic port? LPCONFIG is the osoblete tran code but I created one anyway even though the warning said to used SOAMANGER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiffany,

We also used LPCONFIG to create the logical port.

Regarding the Adobe software, we purchased and installed Adobe LiveCycle ES2 on a separate box for Document Builder. The main or only purpose of this server is to generate PDF documents from Word document. I have not much knowledge about Adobe Document Service though.

When you use LPCONFIG, you have to:

1. set it as default port.

2. set the runtime to "web service infrastructure"

3. check both message ID and state management

4. check the HTTP destination radio button, with the destination name as the same in your SM59 HTTP destination.

If you are still not successful, send me the WSDL file for your proxy generation and a few screenshots from your SPRO/LPCONFIG/SM59.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Did all items you mention, still no sucess.

Just sent you sreen shots and WDSL files. Let me know if you need more info.

Tiffany.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its working now. Document builder link is appearing in the related links in the RFx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay/Freemind,

I am having similar problem. The Related Links does not show Document Builder link. I have done the settings listed in this thread. But I have not been successful yet.

1. The Document type for RFX shows up as ZBID_INV in the Integration document type list. Is that correct? Should this match the RFX type?

2 What Document Builder roles should I assign to the strategic purchaser to have the Related links show up?

3. Do you know which Webdynpro control is used to show Related Links? I could try debugging to see why Document Builder link is not showing up.

Appreciate input on these questions.

Thanks,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is working now. I can see Document Builder in Related links now. I had incorrect Content configuration.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

How were you able to get your Document Builder link to show in Related Links? I seem to have all of the correct steps mentioned with the exception of configuring ADS and/or ALES.

For now though I am only trying to get the link to show and possibly launch the DocB application. No generation of PDF files necessary.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akram,

I noticed the Document Builder link in Related links shows up when you save or publish the purchasing document. Check SLG1 for any document builder related errors.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

SG - thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I have checked different statuses of different documents with no luck. The only thing I have not done is installed ALES. Would this not allow the link to show? Also - if it does need to be installed (and I know it eventually will be) will this be the flow as documented in the below process.

[SAP Document Builder Integration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_db30/helpdata/en/2f/c6e78e01954455b67d5d05ede62fe5/content.htm]

Purchasing Document>Document Builder>Build Document in DocB Cockpit>Creates WordML>Send to Adobe Livecycle-->ALES returns PDF

Is this accurate?

Thank you in advance,

Akram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed.

The ID field in Integration of Document Builder customizing was left blank. This field should be populated with your logical system.

ex. DS1CLNT100

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay ,

We want to integrate SAP document builder to our SRM 7.01 without using the PPS.

Can you please give us some info to proceed for this integration.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What was the solution?  Was the WSDL incorrect?  Please explain...(same situation although we have 731 DocB going to different Server for 702 SRM..

Update, I decided to check into the call between SRM and DocB via SM59 and had to hard code our user (who has authorizations in SRM and DOCB) into the login and security area.  Adding the user direct, allowed the document to create, althought we are not allowed to see the doc, due to an iView issue or OBN issue, still resolving..  Also check your user and see if they have been added access to /IPRO/DOCB_COMMUNICATION for Auth Obj S_RFC!!!! in your client..

Answers (0)