Thanks,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas and Jim,

I'm recieved a similar thought from Ronny at OSS. I hadn't really thought it through since we can log into our mimix solution with the ofr ID, but there has been several switches done to replace hardware for our ECC system in the past since we were on 4.6B.

IMy thought was that if we just replicated the user profiles, /sapmnt/XIP and /usr/sap/XIP and all the libraries, that we could do a rename of the hostname if we needed to switch.

Thanks,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas and Jim,

I'm recieved a similar thought from Ronny at OSS. I hadn't really thought it through since we can log into our mimix solution with the ofr ID, but there has been several switches done to replace hardware for our ECC system in the past since we were on 4.6B.

IMy thought was that if we just replicated the user profiles, /sapmnt/XIP and /usr/sap/XIP and all the libraries, that we could do a rename of the hostname if we needed to switch.

Thanks,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever actually install SAP there? The install sets a lot of "behind-the-scenes" values--ports, subsystems, etc. If that's OK, did the kernel library get replicated? Was the kernel actually applied?

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Basically Jim is right pointing to an installation, in this case the homogeneous system copy with SAVE and RESTORE. Without the setup created by this procedure you will probably see more errors. For the particular error you see I would expect that the profile names and entries do not match your hostname.

Regards

Thomas