cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous scenario: How to be sure that messages don't get lost?

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

my scenario is split into two parts:

SAP -> PI : We received a RFC (without sending a response) and split the message into single

files that we saved on PI filesystem

PI -> WS: We send the messages to a web service.

But because we read it from file system I am not quite sure how to handle this. If the

web service is not available a normal synchronous web service message is normally stopped

and can not be restarted. How can I be sure, that the message will not getting lost?

The only way I could see is the support that see the erroneous message an inform the business.

Is it possible to automate the process if the web service is not reachable?

If the web service sends an error code, I can handle this with conditions in receiver determination,

but technical problems will just stop the message, wouldn't it?

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a sync scenario, the error handling must be done by sender application.

When you call an RFC in SAP, then you have to evaluate the return code and do error handling here, for example inform the dialog user with a pop-up or write an error log.

If you need no response message, then you should consider to use an async scenario.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as mentioned above answers you will not able to resend the messages in Sync scenarios.. as you said you are using file in second scenrio, create one more reviever for branching the input fille... so that at any time if the WS fails,,, you can only push the message..

else configure alers and inform Business.

Thank You,

Madhav

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Synchronous mesgs cannot be automatically restarted if it fails. You configure alert configuration and send email to the respective recipients in case of error. Also you can write abap report to search payload based on errors. See the below link .... You can try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Syncronous messages once failed in PI can not be restarted . To inform business you can use several options :

1. Use Interface specific alert so that when the particular interface fails alert will be triggered and sent to respective recipients.

2. You can also right the ABAP report which sends the emails with payload for the messages which have failed . You can also shedule this report as per your need .

Regards,

Ganesh