SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N2LABOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to use this standard document category to manage Laboratory Findings.

You import the corresponding BC set, create the L document type and the corresponding document category appears but it is not active, so... you can't use it.

Now you end up creating a new custom document category and may be use some of the N2LABOR structures that also sometimes they don't have the descriptions of the fields, so again you have to create a lot of things. For the values it uses an string so it's very difficult to let someone only enter a decimal number, I created a new Doc element for this.

This new document uses its own tables, not the "standard" N2LABOR.

I'm really missing the point of using the N2LABOR even as a template. Also there is not a good print form for it. When you create a new document category you can't even use the standard table.

As a summary, I had to create a new category almost from scratch also designing the Smartform to go with it along with the new Y* tables automatically created.

Does anyone have experience with the N2LABOR using it as is? The standard documentation doesn't seem to help.

What if I want to use it to create Lab documents from an interface? BAPIs for this?

Thanks,

Damián.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member208581
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Damián,

if have problems with the labels, there seem to be a problem with the translation of the corresponding bc set. Please raise this problem to the SAP support.

The N2LABOR has specific features implemented, which are not supported by a "normal" PMD document.

a) the lab result import (structured lab result import) is heavily relying on the PMD and the user exits of it. If you use a normal PMD this isn't not working anymore.

b) the data table(s) N2LABOR is not only used in the document, also other components such as the clinical overview are reading data from this table.

c) the print out can be custom-made by using the corresponding Userexit for the cummalative findings.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Axel Biernat

Siemens AG - Product Commercialize Knowledge Transfer

0 Kudos

> Hi Damián,

>

> if have problems with the labels, there seem to be a problem with the translation of the corresponding bc set. Please raise this problem to the SAP support.

>

> The N2LABOR has specific features implemented, which are not supported by a "normal" PMD document.

>

> a) the lab result import (structured lab result import) is heavily relying on the PMD and the user exits of it. If you use a normal PMD this isn't not working anymore.

>

> b) the data table(s) N2LABOR is not only used in the document, also other components such as the clinical overview are reading data from this table.

>

> c) the print out can be custom-made by using the corresponding Userexit for the cummalative findings.

>

> Hope this helps.

>

> Kind regards,

> Axel Biernat

> Siemens AG - Product Commercialize Knowledge Transfer

Hi Axel,

And how can I make use of it if it is not active and I can't modify it?

a) how the lab result import works?? How can I automatically create this document content?

b) yes I've been reading about it but as stated I couldn't create a N2LABOR doc

c) good to know that there are specific user exits for this

Thanks,

Damián.

0 Kudos

you have to activate n2labor in transaction N1IMSU and should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am on a roll out project where the N2_labor is already generated for the existing institutions, and I need it also for the new one, with RN2PMD_DISTRIBUTION I copied the header data, but how can I assign the Elements?

Thank you in advance

Christos