Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DTR in Web Dynpro

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm interesting in using the DTR component of the JDI (without CBS & CMS) for version management.

scenario:

A number of developers are working on a WD project (the project is local and not DC).

I want the developers to checkin and checkout like in VSS.

I tried to use VSS: it works fine with "regular" java projects but not so good with WD projects.

I've setup the DTR server.

in NWDS I went to Web Dynpro prespective -> Navigator view -> context menu [DTR] -> Share Project

I went to the DTR prespective and saw that the project files are marked with a blue house icon (local files).

A few questions:

Checkin:

1) I've read some threads and I'm not sure which WD files I need to check

2) How do I checkin? I tried to open a new activity then right click it and choose 'Check In' but not all the files were checked in.

Checkout

1) How to create a new project in the client from DTR?

2) how to update a project in the client from DTR?

Thanks,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Omri

for creating new project in DTR you have to creeate a track. If u want to use only DTR service then while creating track mention only Developement runtime system

after creating track u have to import the corresponding developement configuration to NWDS by loging in to DTR

the right click to the developement configuration andcreate new DC.

and for existing local project.

u have to create WD DC and copy paste the file structure of the local project to the DC.

and check in the activity.

hope this will solve ur problem

regards

Shobhan

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

Step for creating Webdynpro in DTR:

1. Open Development Configuration Perspective in NWDS. In the “Local DCs” view, right-click on “Local Development” and choose “Import

Configuration…”

2. Login remote with your username and password. It will create development infrastructure in Inactive DCs. There you can create the component like webdynpro, Java, J2EE, Enterprise Portal, etc.

3. Creating Webdynpro in the DTR perspective.

Step 1: Right click on Inactive DCs -> Create new DC.

1. By default vendor name is SAP. You can change vendor name according to your requirements.

2. create a new Web Dynpro DC with desired name.

Name should not exceed eight characters (Recommended)

create a new Web Dynpro DC with desired name.

3. Select the language

4. Select the domain

5. Select the component type

Step 2. Now it will ask for create new activity name(give name relevant to project name so that you can identify afterwards easily).

Develop your components.

Step 3:

1. Build and Deploy and test your new DC.If it works fine then in DC perspective..right click on activity name ->checkin activity.

Mandatory:

In Webdynpro project src folder should be checked in.

Right click on src folder->add subtree ->create activity.

See this thread discussing about how to migrate local project to JDI..

Regards

Suresh

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Since I'm not interested in sharing components I was able to insert projects to the DTR without convert them to DCs.

However, I have a small problem when I want to go back to a previous version.

This is what I do:

1) I select a file in the DTR

2) Right click -> Show in -> Version Graph

3) A graph is opened with all the activities (versions)

I select an old activity and then "Compare with active version"

4) I see the differences between the two versions

5)I select 'Sync' from the 'Version Graph' and the file has a yellow exclamation mark in 'Repository browser'

6) I select 'Sync' from the 'Repository browser' and

expecting to see the old file's version in my project but still, I see the new one.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Omri

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

Ideally it should work acccording your steps when you want replace with older version code. Check your server is it working fine. close NWDS and open try it again.

There is one more way to do that copy file from old version file during version graph and create new activity paste it checkin that activity...you will get the old version code.

Regards

Suresh

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

<i>There is one more way to do that copy file from old version file during version graph and create new activity paste it checkin that activity...you will get the old version code</i>

How exactly do I do that?

Regards

Omri

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

Version Graph comparison you see the two version code right.

CtrlA, CtrlC the older verion code and copy to notepad.Go the component perspective then normal edit it will ask for new activity name give some name and then Copy that notepad code Ctrl+v to the file where you want old code. checkin that activity. so that old code will reflect.

Regards

Suresh

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (0)