cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete after output- su01 settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are facing an issue with user settings.

we enabled the option 'Delete after output' in Default Tab, in thought of decrease spool requests in SAP and to regulate my database increase.

User is creating large amount spools and spools are not deleting after print.

Please suggest

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I have a suggestion. You can do it changing the printer settings as well.

While you the printer device name is chosen by any application, say, LOCL, you should

find one tab called "properties".

In that, you have OUTPUT OPTION > DELETE IMMEDIATELY AFTER PRINTING ..set it YES.

It should delete the spools.

Also within the spool you can find one option "Delete after Printing if no error".

Please select the option according to your requirement.

Let us know if it is helpful.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whart type of output are the spool requests that are not being deleted?

If they are forms (e.g. Purchase orders, sales orders, invoices etc.) then the print definitions are defined by the outout conditions in the application rather than the user-specific settings. In this case you need to update your output conditions to delete after output. Speak to the business about updating these if this is acceptable.

Or is the output generated via periodic background jobs? Updating the user settings will not affect jobs already setup. If you see similar output being generated at regular intervals is probably being generated from a background job. In which case find and update the background job responsible. I have often see jobs that run every 5 minutes generating large numbers of unneccesary spool requests.

I am assuming that the output is completed? As spool requests will only be deleted if they have been printed (and that the output has had no errors, as the output will not be deleted if it has an error).