cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for upgrade 12.0.2 to 12.1.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

finally we are going to upgrade from 12.0.2 to 12.1.x. Are there any recommendations around from someone who already has taken this step?

For example, when I understood correctly the guides it is necessary to first upgrade to 12.0.3 before you can use the migration tool to upgrade to 12.1.

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

take a look here

I finished some weeks ago a very similar activity.

My suggestion is to plan carefully this activity and pay attention to:

version of NetWeaver needed;

install MII target version and last patch available;

full testing of your application.

For example after installation, I noticed a different managing of boolean vars (1/0 against true/false) and security policies application (wrong action with the new version caused my application to stop due to account expiration).

Also new fetures in iGRIDs options (activated by default) generated some graphic problem.

Even the upgrade itself can lead to some problem, that' why you have to do it before in a testing environment.

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

I am not sure if there's a migration tool for this purpose (there's one for migrating 11.5 content to 12.x though).

I think in your case it'll be more of a project import(from 12.0 environment) / export (to the 12.1 environment) followed by a lot of testing. From my experience, one needs to be aware of the new MII roles introduced with 12.1, for ex. in a project we were using a dynamic query (Query without a QT) so we made sure that we made the dynamic query user part of the SAP_XMII_Dynamic_Query role.

Additionally there is an installation & upgrade section in the MII 12.x best practice guide, I recommend go through that as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Udayan