cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping Considerations for significantly high input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently are having an issue in our PI system wherein a message mapping with value mapping inside takes 5hours to finish.

The input value is over 100,00 entries so I am checking on whether this is not suitable for value mapping.

Can anyone share some recommendations? Is value mapping not suitable for very high input values?

Thanks,

Francis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be slightly off topic but I could not find a blog on using value mapping replication using directory API. Any pointers? Also useful blog if option of using tables in ECC, http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13812. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

As mentioned in blog comments I would not personally like idea of having the data mapping in ECC but helps in maintenance.

Edited by: sachin kotalwar on May 19, 2011 3:52 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could explore an option of using an RFC lookup and a single lookup call doing the value mapping for you.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the inputs.

I believe that the rfc lookup won't work as well since this would entail very large number of connections for very large number of inputs, and thus I believe would take too much time as well. An example in our system would be around 100,000 inputs from an xml that need to be mapped in a value mapping.

Maybe I should look into other options such as breaking down the messages into smaller sizes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have a lot of overlapping value changes you could do a single rfc lookup and keep the values in memory, of course this requires a lot more memory but time-wise the performance will be better.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

I believe that the rfc lookup won't work as well since this would entail very large number of connections for very large number of inputs

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call - this talks about a single call for multiple inputs. it will not open N connections for N messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nice thread. Thanks for sharing. Ill be reviewing this and let you know how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Francis,

You can go for some other approach as value mapping for high values is not advisable.

In an extrnal table u can maintain all the values, and use these tables to send all the data in an array at once.It might have a better performance. this is applicable to PI 7.1.

Value Mapping Replication for Mass Data can also be used .

You can refer to the below links for the abovesaid :-

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/content.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dd2ae-f783-2c10-9aa6-ca69f67dd...

Regards,

Rohit

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is value mapping not suitable for very high input values?

it short - no it's not

please consider some other option if this is the thing that causes your biggest mapping perf issue

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk