cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM System was too Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MDM 7.1 version and i was connecting remote MDM Server through locally installed MDM GUI components, I have also loaded few data in my repositories.

If i want to do any operations on MDM Like load, unload, import, opening console, data manager, import manager, adding table, field or any operation .. it is taking too much of time to process.. Why it is taking too much of time?

When ever i try to unload repository it is used to display pop up window.. saying.. thousands of users are currently working still you want to unload the repository? , but actually i only the person using it..

why it is showing thousands(EX: 74168) user logined.. like that..

If any one know the proper reason why it acting very slow.. could you please suggest me..

Thanks

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

Please, verify if your MDS.INI has this parameter: Session Timeout Minutes (Number. Causes MDM Console, CLIX, and applications based on the new Java API to expire after the specified number of minutes elapses. Default is 14400 (24 hours). When set to 0, sessions never time out.).

When you have many open connections, this can to generate performance issue on MDM server.

For your MDM clients, I suggest to you use it's in the same network of your server, because when you open the MDM clients, many data are loaded in your computer, generating a large consumption of network.

Regards

Vassoler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

In your repository under Admin->Connections, check the number of users, how many users you see there?

Do you have portal/PI or any other system talking to MDM?

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Please check what all connections are mentioned in the console if none is there and you are not using any Portal in your Landscape then please try and install these GUI's in some other machine in your network and see if it helps also please restart your MDIS,MDS,MDSS Services.

This might solve your problem, please let us know if it helped or not.

Thanks and Regards

Praful Kulkarni