cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchies in SPM-Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the SPM Queries there are Hierarchies enabled for certain characteristics.

So far we have not maintained these in the backend. Now in certain SPM reports or dashboards we get errors due to that hierarchies not being available.

Therefore I would like to understand if these hierarchies are kind of mandatory for SPM, or if I can just delete them in the queries if they would never be created anyways?

Furthermore I would like to understand in general how SPM deals with hierarchies. Is there any documentation available on that topic?

Thanks again in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Yes, you are right for certain characteristics in SPM Queries have hierarchies. And these dimensions are part of certain out of the box reports. So removing these hierarchies from the query will not fix the out of the box reports, as these reports are expecting the hierarchies to be present. But when users are creating new reports they will not receive that error anymore.

The only difference the way BW hierarchies are displayed is only one level is displayed in SPM UI at any given time.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

one further question concerning hierarchies. In some of the master data process chains the program RSXSA_HIERARCHY_UPLOAD ist getting called with certain variants. These variants are not available in our system.

Does that mean that I have to create them manually? Is there any documentation on that topic?

Thanks again,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

We deliver all the variants as part of release so you should not need to create it manually. However program variants are some time only installed in client 000. Can you check if that is the case in your system and move it to other clients through client cascading if necessary.

Regards,

Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyesh,

today I finally got the chance to check that. We also do not have the variants in client 000. Any other solutions for that?

Can I maintain these manually?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Yes you can create them manually as well.

Thanks,

Divyesh

Answers (0)