cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer name "ARCH" not defined - Archive printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to archive some FI objects and store it in the documentum.We have defined the ARCH printer as per SAP guidelines (Device type ARCHLINK, Access method- Archiving Device). While selecting the printer in transaction SARA for the archiving it was giving error message 'Printer name "ARCH" not defined'. The information on the error message is given below. But the printer is already exists in table TSP03. Checked note 639149 authorizations are in place and the printer is already added in content repository thru OAC0. Also note 739828 referred and the prerequisites required are in place. We use ECC 6.0 NW 7.01 release.

Please provide some inputs, all inputs to solve this issue is welcome.

-

Printer name "ARCH" not defined

Message no. PT001

Diagnosis

Table TSP03 contains all valid printer names. The printer name specified here does not exist in the table.

Procedure

Enter a valid printer name from table TSP03. You can define new printers using the spool administration function.

-

Thanks in advance.

rgds,

Shyl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set the Output device to ARCH in OAC0?...

Also, the settings in SPAD should be,

Output Device: ARCH Short Name: ARCH

Devide Type: ARCHLINK

Device Class: Archiving program

Spool Access Method: I: Archiving Device

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your quick response and interest.

Yes, The output device is set properly in OAC0.

Also the SPAD settings are correct as per SAP guideline and rspo/default_archiver parameter as well.

Infact we also tried some options like creating a new printer with same settings and that also did not help.

your input is most welcome.

regds,

Shyl

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where in SARA are you trying to select the printer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SARA first we select the Archiving object, then 'Write' , select 'Variant', select 'user name', then the start date, after that we select the 'Spool Params'. This is where we select the output device, ARCH.

After selecting the o/p device ARCH from the list, when we select 'Properties' or select 'continue' then I get the mentioned message that 'Printer name "ARCH" not defined'

//Shyl

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use a "common" printer on the Spool Parameters, simply use the "Send to SAP Spool" rather than "print immediately"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we use any other printer which is not defined as Access method -I Archiving device then we are able to select the printer and continue. But the intention here is to use the Archiving program (in Device class of SPAD) and continue with Archiving the print lists. So for that we have to make the printer working for Archiving mode. Also regarding the selection of 'Send to SAP spool' and 'Print Immediately'' we will be able to select this in the 'Properties' but the error message appears before that and no further selection possible.

//Shyl

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When we use any other printer which is not defined as Access method -I Archiving device then we are able to select the printer and continue

Thats the way it should be

But the intention here is to use the Archiving program (in Device class of SPAD) and continue with Archiving the print lists. So for that we have to make the printer working for Archiving mode

The spool parameters are for the background job, you cannot use Method I for it, you already set the output method in OAC0 for the print lists.

Also regarding the selection of 'Send to SAP spool' and 'Print Immediately'' we will be able to select this in the 'Properties' but the error message appears before that and no further selection possible.

As I mentioned before you need to use a common printer for the background job spool.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you for this information. I will check this possibility and come back later with the result.

//Shyl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I found this information quite useful. We have now started archive run with common printer.

I close this thread.

Thank you very much for your time and interest.

//Shyl

Answers (0)