cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to connect GUI to NetWeaver Sneak Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have just downloaded SAP NetWeaver Sneak Preview (ABAP).

Installation was completed without any problems.

GUI installation afterwards also did not show any problems. (Local Installation).

However as I tried to logon with the GUI there was the following error message:

"partner not reached (host 127.0.0.1., service sapdp01)

Error No 10061

Error Text WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection Refused

"

What could be the reason for this? By the way, how do I

1. Start the Application Server? Maybe it was not running, but there are no icons either.

2. How do I uninstall all components, e.g. there was a new windows user defined during installation etc.

Thank you very much for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to assign that ip and hostname into windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file also.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, thank you very much for your helpful advice. I will immediately try to do set up the loopback adapter.

One more question: Is it necessary to start the server / ABAP Engine before logging in with SAP GUI?

Unfortunately I do not see any entries in the Start Menu to start or stop the server.

Thank you again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just installed the loopback adapter (IP 10.10.0.10) and added all necessary entries in the file host.

Unfortunately the problem has not changed and the error messages stay the same (of course I have also restarted the computer first).

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, you must start the system by using the SAP MMC which was placed on your desktop. Did you make the appropriate entry in the hosts file mentioned above? Make sure that you start the system.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all of your hints. Now my system is working!

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Cool. Please make sure to award points for helpful answers and mark your post as solved. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

did you install the loopback adapter and configure to 10.10.0.10 as the IP address? If not, you need to do this. There are instructions in the documentation folder under the root folder of the installation.

REgards,

Rich Heilman