cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client import restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

due to a database-crash a client import aborted. The database is fine again. Because the client import was already running for about 24 hours! I would like to restart the import instead of start from the beginning. I didnt find a possibility neither in stms or tp.

Is a restart possible? If yes, how?

Thanks for any help!

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats the status of the transports in STMS?, can you check the import monitor and the tp system log and post the errors/status?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

in stms the transport shows still the "lorry", but the log shows RC=12:

Hauptimport

Transportauftrag : P03KT00255

System : Q03

tp Pfad : tp

Version und Release : 372.04.95 700

SQL-Fehler 3113 bei Zugriff auf COEP: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

sap_dext called with msgnr 900:

SQL-Fehler 3114 bei Zugriff auf : ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

Hauptimport

Endedatum und -zeit : 20110323131321

Beendet mit Returncode: ===> 12 <===

On OS site no tp process is running anymore.

The second transport (P03KX00255) has a red status

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could delete the entry for the Client Import in Import Monitor (That will remove the truck from the queue and it should be safe as tp is no longer running) and reimport, but its not going to take over from where it cancel, it will start the import again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in sapnote 70547 it reads:

"Note : If the import of a transport request has terminated, changes have not yet been made in the client, and import postprocessing has not been started for that transport request in this system (not even at an earlier time or in another client), the transport request can also be restarted without unconditional mode 1. This has the effect that tables already imported are not imported again. The TMS, however, automatically sets U18 for client transports. That is why the import has to be made directly via the tp in this case: tp import <SId>KTnnn clientxxx <SId> u8"

In the transport log strings like

3 ETW674Xstart import of "R3TRTABU/1CN/LPTSCALEDEF" ...

4 ETW000 R3TR TABU /1CN/LPTSCALEDEF was already imported successfully.

appear.

The last entry in the log is:

3 ETW674Xstart import of "R3TRTABUCOEP" ...

Looks to me, that happens what I want.

Sorry that I did not find the note before, but iam not so deep in the transport issue

Thanks

Andreas