cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see sync messages in backend SXI_MONITOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a problem with some sync message ScenarioX -> PI -> Backend sometimes taking 2-3 minutes executing. I have cheked performance of PI pipeline steps, and it is the CALL_ADAPTER which is timeconsuming. I have run and debugged the proxy code in backend system and that is performing well.

Question now is how the backend performs.

I have added LOGGING_SYNC to the IE ocnfig, but the messages are not showing in SXI_MONITOR on the backend system.

Any good ideas to what is the problem/solution?

Thanks

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. Problem was in backend system. Probably table buffer issue. Tracing user in SM66 showed sequential read on a table for a long time.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

i guess this issue might have some basic reasons, like file system or data base. Have a look to ST06 / SM21.

Hilsen,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

Long time, no see. Yes, I suspect it too, but I would like to look at the performance header of the msg in the backend system as well to narrow it down. I will do some more tests and try to monitor other transactions in the meantime. Still I should be able to log the sync msg as well

Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ole,

explain you scenario, as you mentioned it is CALLADAPTER which time-consuming , so likewise explain which adapter you are using on receiver and sender side and what is the scenario .. is it synchronous or Asynchronous or Async to Sync Bridge and all information it will help to give you better solution for performance.. as many things depends on adapter you are using on Sender and receiver side as well as data size which is flowing thru interface..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SOAP sender adapter and WS receiver adapter. As I mentioned it is a synchronous scenario, no BPM involved.

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you also enabled LOGGING_SYNC parameter on your backend as well (apart from PI system).

Regards,

Gourav