cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Reporting scenario in Duet Enterprise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have configured Reporting Scenario with Duet Enterprise and the installation is successful.

But after this, i dont see any Reports in my SharePoint.

Do i need to do any additional steps to use Reporting in Duet Enterprise?

Where can i see the Reports on SharePoint UI which i have configured in the backend system?

Thanks,

Ramanath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

if you click on the Report Setting in SharePoint and you do not get an error that is already a good sign. Now you have to check that the different report templates on the SCL are assigned to roles (which are assigned to users).

So go to SIMGH -> Service Consumption Layer Reporting Administration -> Report Settings -> "Manage Reports and their Properties" and select one active report template.

Then go to "Report Roles" on the left side. In this table you should see a role name. Make sure that the user you are currently logged on in SharePoint is assigned to this role in the SCL system.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

When i click on Report Setting, i do get an error saying, "An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail".

Not much information is seen in the logs as well for this issue. Could you please provide any pointers to resolve this issue?

Is this the issue related to SharePoint or SCL side and how to troubleshoot such issues?

Also let me know the way to check whether the TRUST between SCL and SharePoint is established correctly or not.

Note: There is no logs available in the SCL system in transaction "/IWFND/VIEW_LOG".

Thanks,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check transaction SRTUTIL on the SCL server? Click on Error log and see if you can find any entries/errors there.

If you do not see anything, then please check the SAML issuer in the SAML profile. For this go to transaction SOAMANAGER -> then in the Technical Administration click on Profile Management. Here you should find a profile DUET_ENTERPRISE_SAML. Select it and click on the Security tab.

Here you can see the SAML Issuer. What do you see there? Is it "SharePoint"? If not, can you -- just for checking -- click on "New Version" and go to Step 4: Security. Here you will be able to use the value picker from the "SAML Issuer" and will see (in a new window) the STS Identifier name. This must be equal to the value that you currently have there. (after that Cancel out of the "New Version" creation)

If that is not the case, let me know and I can provide more steps on how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thank you for the detailed inputs.

1. I dont see any entry in the Error log.

2. In the SAML Issuer, i could see "SharePoint".

So it seems so far everything is correct. Could you please provide some other inputs which i need to cross check now?

Thanks,

Ramanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

strange... can you check if SSL is configured?

Go to SMICM -> Goto -> Services. Do you see an entry HTTPS that is active?

Thanks,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I know its strange. But its the fact

Yes. SSL is configured and HTTPS is also active (Green Tick)

Thanks,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, if you really do not see anything in SRTUTIL -> ERROR Logs then lets check the ULS logs on SharePoint.

Can you repro the issue and search for the correlation Id in the SharePoint logs?

Thanks,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

After reproducing this scenario again, i am able to see the following error log in the SRTUTIL transaction.

---ERROR_TEXT User assignment of name ID "XXX" (format: unspecified) failed...

In my scenario, the usernames in both SCL and SharePoint system are the same. Hence i have not used AD DS. Instead i have followed the instructions mentioned in the Note: 1542681 and mapped the users using "Simple bulk user mapping".

Any inputs to resolve this issue?

~ Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

perfect. We are almost there

Can you check the username (I guess it is something like domain\username). Now go to SM30 -> VUSREXTID and click on Display. Then enter SA for SAML and take a look at this view.

Make sure that you have a corresponding entry there like:

SharePoint::domain\username

Make sure that you have the SharePoint:: in front of the domain\username

(case sensitive and the two ":")

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

The entry looks something like this.

External Id => CN=SharePoint::<domain>\backup

User => BACKUP

Act => ticked

Now my question is, should the External id be having "CN=" ???

Also the user name in the USER column is not having domain associated with it. Will it cause any problem?

~ Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no it should not have the CN.

The entry should look like:

ExternalID: SharePoint::domain\backup

User: BACKUP

Act: ticked.

Can change it and/or run the BADI again?

Thanks,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Just a thought I had. I think the USER column is also case-sensitive.

Did you name the SAP-user "BACKUP" with all uppercase?

Perhaps you allready tried that.

Cheers, Mikael

Answers (0)