cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC-PC & Multiple Compliance Framework (MCF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We have set up 2 regulations for our first go live. We had defined the 2 regulations for a specific rationale back in time but now we have realised that we do not need 2 regulation and 1 regulation will be sufficient for us. We have master data residing in the 2 regulations and also transactional data. What is the best way now for us to delimit one of the regulations and just be able to utilise the one. We can of course end date the regulation that we are no longer planning to use but I would like to understand the impact on the assigned master data as well as all the transactional data that has been generated. What is the best way for us to accomplish this? Is there some one that has been through a similar experience before?

Appreciate your insight and help.

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure removing the initiative is a good way forward until we can absolutely ensure that the master & transactional data will not get impacted. If I just want to consolidate the 2 regulations we had initially built into one, how do I ensure that the assigned master data in the regulation I am delimiting gets moved to the one we are agreeing to use in the way forward. Also, how do I ensure that the transactional data that has been generated in the second regulation that I am now delimiting is retained and not impacted. Can you please provide some detail around this? It might just be easier to have a call when you get a chance. My big question is how do we ensure that the master data we had assigned in the second regulation can now be assigned to the consolidated regulation that we are planning to use.

Regards

AJ

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Keep in mind that all the master data you do at global compliance for example or at backend it will be available for all your initiative that you shall create.

After creating any initiative it comes always with all the master data you have done then you will be able to do some more extra data information expecific for each one initiative.

Now, if you remove the initiative, it should remove just the initiative directly master data you had setup but the master data you did at Global compliance will be kept there.

Removing your initiative is not a good idea because of the transactional data and the historical data as well. I would suggest you to create a third one initiative and set up this one accordingly and them start it from the scratch.

About the other ones you just set an end date for them as our previous talk, then you will have initiative 1 and 2 already disabled but with all the transactional and historical data saved properly.

Also you will have the third and official one in place and with this proper transactional and historical data.

I do not have your number, but please get back to me in case you need more clarification.

Regards.

Claud Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for your response. Yes I was thinking about creating another initiative and then performing all the relevant master data assignments from scratch. The client would want to prevent having another initiative created but rather have them consolidated since it also ties back to user experience. When you say dissemable the regulation; what specifically are you referring to? Can you please provide some details. I can deactivate the regulation in the portal config and also remove it from the backend but I am quite concerned about the assigned master data and also the transactional data that has been generated for the past year.

Would really appreciate some more insight around this..

Regards

Aman

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

I mean by disassemble that you could deactivate the regulation and also even remove it, BUT this is not the right thing to do because of the transactional data related.

Also if you go for this 3 regulation from the scratch, I was wondering that you will lost the historical data.

Let's figure out this scenario, you have regulation 1 and regulation 2, the second one is the one that most apply for your environment them if you just make changes in the master data about the regulation 2 to be the one for your environment them you will keep the historical data from regulation 2 as well and will be able to report the past situation from historical data.

Them you could deactivate regulation 1 and still have the historical data as well.

But if the historical data is not the big deal at this point please go for regulation 3 from the scratch and just deactivate 1 and 2.

Í hope this could be helpful and I wish you a great weekend.

Regards.

Claud Araujo

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

The master data you do at Global Compliance are used for all your regulations them for each one regulation you also have some specific master data do configure.

My suggestion for you is to create a third on Regulation with the correct information for your environment and set end of date the regulations 1 and 2.

If you do that all the transactional data as historical data and so on will be kept into the database and if for some reason you need that in future then you will have it.

You can also disassemble the Regulation you won't need but I would recommend the first option.

Hope this can be helpful somehow.

Best regards.

Claud Araujo