cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use V-11 or XK01 to create a Carrier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have been using V-11 to create carriers but recently was told that I should be using XK01 instead. But I checked those carriers that I have create over th years and we have been using those CR# for shipping. Why I can't use V-11 and have to use XK01 instead? Is there any impact on payment (payment of freight charges to vendor/carrier)? Or other background impact?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XK01 is more powerful than v-11 as v-11 is only able to create general and company code data of vendor.xk01 enables you to create purchasing data besides those two tabs.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys! I'm so glad I found this site with all these nice people!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vendor masters can be maintained in 3 levels - General, Company Code and Purchasing Org. When we create a carrier (Account Group 0005) from V-11 or XK01, the result will be the same as the account group is what control the fields in the vendor master.

This account group 0005 is created more to facilitate SD business process and hence there will not be any purchasing relevant data maintained. But if you want to maintain purchasing relevant data for the carrier, you can still do that in XD01 for the same carrier and entering the relevant purchasing org.

Best Regards

Sathees Gopalan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the comments stated above, as an additional information, tcode starts with "V" will be treated as an SD Tcode.

In your case also, what you have done is correct. Since it is not necessary to extend Purchasing view for transport vendors but it is enough if you maintain General Data and Company Code data.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi