cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of Folder Names in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any parameter(database or profile parameters) where the length of Folder Names(Folders in ESR and ID) can be set.

When we try to create a Folder in ID an exception is thrown if the length of Folder name is more than 32 characters.

But if we create a folder with a dummy name of length less than 32 and then rename it, we are able to do that.

Thanks,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can create folders with names of 80 characters in PI 7.11

Maybe you need a patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The PI version we are working on is 7.11 sp4. We have faced this same problem earlier as well(some other PI 7.11 implementation), where we had to create a dummy folder with shorter length and then rename it.

The exact error description which we get in ID while creating folder is:

"Failed to set the parameter 1 of the statement>>Select OBJECTID TYPEID..... from XI_DIRKEYFOLDER where GROUPID = ?.....

Cannot assign java,lang.string object of length 34 with JDBC type VARCHAR(32)".

Thanks.

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Pointers for above query???

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned above, the restriction does not exist in our PI 7.11 SP5 installation.

Lookout for a patch or report to SAP.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mate,

Look out this note 1454107

Solution

Due to internal complexity the old create dialog for folders was replaced by a new one. The new implementation contains correct field checks and thus solves the issue.

Fixed in 711 SP5 and later SPs.

Regards

Pothana

Edited by: Pothana Yadav on Mar 29, 2011 8:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pothana,

Very precise response, thanks a lot.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.tawate

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having same issue while creating folder name. But while creating folder name (first time) i am giving temporary name (less then 32 char) then after save and i am giving exact one (greater then 32 char). It seems because of SP or somewhere setings but i am not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

Folder length is Char 32,if the given length is more than char 32 it throws error.

Regards,

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

As far I know, there is no character length restriction for the folder name.

Can u please let us know the exact message i.e the error message in adapter engine?

Thanks,