cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Data Federator Catalog as Data Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using MII 12.1 SP6 and Data Federator XI 3.0.

Is it possible for MII to treat a published Data Federator Catalog as a Data Server? I would like to query the target tables in the DF catalog with MII. If yes, how would you go about doing so? Are there any examples available? I know that DF has the JDBC thindriver.jar file that can be used by some applications, so if that is uploaded into the JDBC drivers in MII 12.1 and set the serverURL to the DF catalog path would that work? Any known gotchas?

In the past I've had issues uploading and deploying multiple JDBC drivers at once but presumably the thindriver and oracle drivers won't negatively interact?

For JDBC Driver I used: LeSelect.ThinDriver.ThinDriver (I feel like this is potentially the problem but nothing is listed here in DF manual. I also tried a few other combinations but nothing seemed correct)

For ServerURL I used jdbc:datafederator://<server>:<port>/KerbyTest and jdbc:leselect://<server>:<port>;catalog=KerbyTest and jdbc:datafederator://<server>:<port>/catalog;KerbyTest

With the jdbc:datafederator://usto-dapp-ois01:3055/catalog;KerbyTest ServerURL I don't get a failure message, the status just stays at pending.

I haven't seen anything on this from either MII or Data Federator so wanted to ask before I experimented too much with it.

Thanks for the help,

Kerby

Edited by: Kerby Johnson on Mar 24, 2011 12:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If MII and XI are on the same box, I would assume DF has a NW datasource connection using JDBC. You could consider trying a NetWeaver Datasource as a data server, which would just piggy back on the existing connection and assumedly look like any other relational connection. If this works you wouldn't need any additional drivers or specific settings for the connection since it's managed at the NW level, and MII will just share it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

That's a good suggestion however our DF installations are on a separate box than the MII installations. We only have 3 DF installations (Dev/Test/Prod) while there are 3 MII installations for each geographically located MII project so that wouldn't work for us.

Any other thoughts? Is there someone more familiar with DF you would recommend I ask instead?

Currently we are creating an abstraction view in Oracle through DB links and that abstracted view is used in MII and this seems like the type of scenario DF would be perfect for. I want to try it out and compare the performance in using DF vs. Oracle DB links as we try to get a handle on where DF can be used appropriately.

Thanks again.

Kerby