cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronise new option in sld

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

Earlier if we create a technical system /businesssystem or softwarecomponent in an sld we used to explitly export it into our desktop and import it into the target sld , But now we got new option that is synchronization ,does any body used it succesfully ,

i have a doubt if the target sld is not properly synchronized to the source sld then if we chose this option i think it may

not work because synchornizataion is nothing but always incremental export and only full export if it is first time export.And this way of transport can be done only if both are in synch.

What is the case if the both sld's are not in synch and can we use this trnasport procedure. Can any body clarify to my point. whether i am right

regards

sandeep

Edited by: pendyalas on Mar 29, 2011 4:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all to sync the SLD both the SLD must be at the Same CIM model and the CR Delta. Then you must check all the system in the Central SLD are updated properly.

There is setting in the Visual admin of the Child system to send the data to the parent SLD system when ever chnaged.

Visual Admin -> Services -> SLD datasupplier -> second tab is the place where you need to enter Paent SLD in the Child system.

Please refer the not to update the SIM and the CR delta to bring the SLD to same version.

Refer SAP Note 669669 to upgrade CIM model

Setup/Confirm local SLD to send data to Central SLD

• NOTE u2013 Do not perform this step until the local SLD has been updated with the latest CIM model and CIM Data/Content as per the Central SLD.

- Open the Visual Administration for the local SLD instance

- Goto server  services  SLD Data Supplier

- On u201CHTTP Setting (Data Supplier)u201D on bottom tab, enter the information specific to STD (Central SLD)

- To test the connectivity, trigger data transfer to Central SLD by clicking on Lightning Bolt icon on top.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol