cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of VAT Registration Number Length for country Swiss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement - in XD02, customer VAT registration number should allow for say CH6 chars and CHE9 chars but for country CH, length was maintained to 8 so, it will allow only one combination but business requires both.

I did some research on the web, and found this information on the VAT registration number change for Switzerland.

http://codingthis.com/applications/microsoft-dynamics/new-vat-registration-number-in-switzerland/

Based on the article, it seems that Switzerland is adopting different formats depending on where the business is within the country and the adoption will be phased in over the next two years.

I checked on SAP OSS for any notes regarding how to handle the change and did not find anything.

Can any one suggest how to fix this.

Thanks,

Satish Arruru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Try to create a Z-Field in Company Global Data and maintained over there and ask abaper to fetch

that data as per your requirement. T-Code for this will be OBY6

To Add the Z-Field follow the process :

1. Go to T-Code : SE16 and Put the Table : "T001I".
  2. After entering the table name, Press #F5 button.
  3. Under parameter field you can put the Name for the VAT Registration Number as per required.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks and I have gone through these OSS Notes but not fulfilling the requirement.

Regards

Satish Arruru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish Arruru,

Note 1572730 - BP: Tax number: Switzerland UID number check contains the necessary correction steps.

Regards,

Mariann

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but you can have a look at the following notes and update whether you could get some input from these notes

1) Note 1270213 - Switzerland: Tax amt in CHF automatically w/ own exch rate

2) Note 1502846 - KONS/KON6: VAT registration number in the European Union (2)

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi