cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in dropdown by index in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have created one table with dropdownby Index field .

In DISPLAY....i am able to get all values corresponding to the selection.In debugging i am getting all entries for dropdown field but while display i am getting first DD value.

And in CREATE ....when i am selecting first value in DD field for 1st row and then selecting another value for 2nd row it is taking second value for all rows.means whatever i select...same value is populated in all DD field of rows.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

normally for your case i would choose to have a DROPDOWNBYKEY UI element and the property key is binded to a attribute of data element having domain values.

If there is no domain value then i would just bind a value set to the attribute.

If your business case is absolutely to have DDBI, then you need to make sure that every row have a node with data to be appeared in DDBI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry..i did not get you..so how can i set values for DDBI.I mean to say what i need to add in my code.Any specific statement to set index values??

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Sorry..i did not get you..so how can i set values for DDBI.I mean to say what i need to add in my code.Any specific statement to set index values??

>

> Thanks

> Kiran

nope, it has to be arranged in the context level. I suspect that you have problem there.

See for example the context structure.

node_sflight

carrid

connid

node_booking (cardinality 0..n)

sconnid

sdate

stext

node_sflight is binded to the tabple datasource property of the table.

you have a column booking with DDBI as cell_editor, bind this source property to the node_booking.

bind the text property to the one of the attribute in node_booking like stext.

You need to fill the data node_booking for every row in the node_sflight.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay..i got it.but i have a nodes

PARTNERS

parvw(DDBI field)

parnr

vtext

name

address

DD_SELECTION(this i am populating using supply function)

selection(char40)[this i am binding with DDBI field]

In this senerio,can you suggest me.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my understanding , with your context structure ,if you want to have dropdownby index then it is not going to work for you.

It will work as DDBK as suggested by bruce.

is DD_SELECTION a node with 0..n cardinality? in that case you need to bind this as data source for the DDBI and the text sould point to a attribute inside.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes its 0..n.Text property is binded with the DD attribute only but i am not able to see any datasource property for DDBI field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskaran....Now i am using DDBK and its working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry about the dataSource property which is not existing in DDBI.

Answers (0)