Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO status - Transaction completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following scenario:

I am checking which PO's are not fully receipted, and I have found some examples of PO's that are not fully receipted but the status is "Transaction Completed".

I am trying to understand how is a PO flagged as "transaction completed". Is it the system or the user who has updated the status of the PO.

If I am correct a PO should only be considered fully receipted if no additional documents in the purchasing flow were expected (GR and invoice).

Can you help me in the above query?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"transaction completed" does not mean the PO is fully receipt or invoiced. It simply means that this PO is irreversibly deleted and can no longer be in the process flow. It is usually manually set by the user ("delete" button).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

To mark a PO as "transaction completed" I need to use the "complete" button not the "delete" button. It's a different concept I believe.

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor

i think you can see one complete button in the purchase order.

clicking the complete button the document will be completed. No further changes will be allowed to the document.

then thae status become changed to Transaction Completed.

You can do some quick testing for your understanding.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I have done that testing, what I am not 100% sure is why do I need to mark a PO as "transaction completed"?

I have found some information saying that I need to do this step so that I can archive the document.

To mark a PO as "transaction completed" can be tricky because I will no longer be able to modify the PO in SRM and I can no longer post GR in SRM. However I can post it in R/3.

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction Complete means you can't edit the document. But still you can able to do the confirmation and invoice.

Regards,

R