cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to understand Distribution Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I view the metadata of a Distribution Model, I see DM overview which contains 2 tabs. One for Data Objects and Second for Rules. I am trying to understand the tables in each of these tabs.

Association Table - RR00200100G_AT

DRDS Table - DM00200100G1

DR Table (Runtime) - RR00200100G1

What are they used for and when to the entries get updated?

Thanks

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First tab (Data Objects)

Here it will display all the data objects used in Distribution model and it displays the association table information for each object.

Association table maintains

- references of the records sent to device.

- whether the record has been extracted to device or not

- whether the record should be deleted / inserted to the device

Second tab (Rules)

Here it will display all the distribution rules defined in the distribution model.

DRDS & DR table serves the same purpose of storing the subscriptions for the device.

These 2 tables will be adjusted whenever following happens;

- Device status enabled / disabled

- DM SWCV is assigned to the device

- Rule is activated / Deactivated

- Subgen data object entry is loaded from backend for Subgen Mapping rules

- Modification of device attributes for Device attribute rules

- Change of date for Date Pattern rules

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Siva....

I am trying to investigate a behaviour where we have a normal rule based on a Date Pattern. The business requirement is to distribute only today's data back to the user's device. The issue we are seeing is that there are data in the device that were created in the past.

The rule's criteria is based on CREATED_BY(UserID) and CREATED_ON(date) node attribute from the data object.

In the rule, the CREATED_BY is mapped to the USER device attribute and the CREATED_ON is a date pattern, where the Operator is 'EQ', Custom Type is 'C' - Constant Offset, and Date Pattern is 'Current Date'.

With this set-up, there are four events that were created in the Execution Plan - Device Addition, Device Modification, Device Removal and Sliding Window-Date. There's also a job, Sliding Window-Date,

that is scheduled to run once a day at midnight.

My observation is that every day, after the Sliding Window-Date runs. The DRDS & DR tables, in the second are updated. But the entries in the Association table, from the first tab, are not updated.

I am expecting that the Status Flag, in the Association table, of all records that are not relevant for that date, get's updated to 'D' so that when the user syncrhronize they will get deleted from the device.

What am I missing? What triggers the update to the Association table?

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Whatever you have said is correct.

Sliding Window-Date event takes care of evaluating this rule at date change and then DRDS & DR tables will be updated. This should trigger process which adjusts association table entries.

Do you have any other rule because of this the values are distributed? If you have two rules which distributes same instance then association table will not be adjusted unless until instance doesn't satisfy both the rules.

If not, there is a problem. You need to open OSS message for actual analysis by SAP team.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't have any other rule for this data object. I guess we'll have to open an OSS message.

Thanks for your help