SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPMA auto Clearing is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

FPMA auto Clearing is not working.

Scenario

Contract account is having open invoices and also open credit items. The total open invoice amount is equal to the total open credit items. So the contract account balance is ZERO.But the open credit items and open invoices are not having a clearing document because its not cleared. I have executed FPMA transaction with proper parameters but auto clearing is not happend.

Questions are:

1) what would be the reason behind not functioning the auto clearing

2) Job log of the FPMA program is showing exceptions ( some times with execption 6 and some times with 10,etc) . is there any table to check exceptions.

3) what is the diff between FPL9 ( account maintenance ) and FPMA auto clearing.

Regards,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

The answers to your queries are as follows-

(a) There can be multiple reasons for autoclearing not happening. Assuming that it is not a data problem, following are two of the basic reasons for which autoclearing does not happen.

(I) Clearing lock set against the open items posted in the account.

(II) Open items are posted with clearing restriction 8.

If the above reasons does not hold good, I would recommend you to check the settlement rules (clearing variant) for auto clearing that is configured in your system.

(b) You can go to transaction code SLG1 to check the exceptions, if any that is getting generated from the execution of auto clearing.

(c) The functionality of Account maintaineance (FP06) is similar to Auto clearing (FPMA).The only difference being in FP06, you can select and clear items for a particluar account , where as in FPMA, you can perform the activity in mass for a certain range of accounts.

Hope it clarifies..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

The answers to your queries are as follows-

(a) There can be multiple reasons for autoclearing not happening. Assuming that it is not a data problem, following are two of the basic reasons for which autoclearing does not happen.

(I) Clearing lock set against the open items posted in the account.

(II) Open items are posted with clearing restriction 8.

If the above reasons does not hold good, I would recommend you to check the settlement rules (clearing variant) for auto clearing that is configured in your system.

(b) You can go to transaction code SLG1 to check the exceptions, if any that is getting generated from the execution of auto clearing.

(c) The functionality of Account maintaineance (FP06) is similar to Auto clearing (FPMA).The only difference being in FP06, you can select and clear items for a particluar account , where as in FPMA, you can perform the activity in mass for a certain range of accounts.

Hope it clarifies..

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your Grouping Characteristics, Grouping Variant and Grouping Activity in the config settings. The clearing happens based the Characteristics assigned to the Activity in the Variant. The path is SPRO-Fin A/C(New)-Contract A/C-ARAP-Business Trans-Automatic Clearing.

The open debits & credits in the contract account satisfies these characteristics and activity combination for clearing.

Moreover the Grouping variant should be assigned to CLRg Type-04.

Hope this helps you. thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dear amlan..

can explain above two statements(i)(ii) i also facing same situation in current client ..

and can explain what r the feasible chances to failure the FPMA, in my system log file slg1 showing it's green status and showing message 'no detail information exits for the selected lo'

i have a open credit open items and open invoice amounts it's not adjusting..

can you advise me to get out this issue ...

thanks

honey

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have put together all the possible scenarios in my previous post against the failure of auto clearing.

Now to elaborate my point (i)(ii)-

(a) There is an object called clearing lock which you will find at the document level.which you will find in the payment data tab of the display document screen.

If there is any value in the clearing lock, it indicates that the particular item will not be cleared.

Also check for the posting lock field at the contarct account level. This field prevents any new line item to be posted into the account.

(b) Items which have clearing restriction 8  can't be cleared with any other item nor they can be dunned.Clearing restriction field is also there in the the payment data tab of the display document screen.

I would recommend you to perform the clearing through Account maintaineance (FP06). If it gets cleared, then there is some bug in the clearing control config for Auto clearing.

If it doesn't, then it will throw some error in the status bar. Just go thru the error and you will be analyse it further.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

hi thanks for immediate replay

i am maintaining for automatic clearing 04 specified clearing variant in "Define Defaults for Account Maintenance' and for 03 other variant. does it effect anything for changing variant in 03 and for 04.

in Define Defaults for Account Maintenance i am maintaining regarding open receivable and advance payment amount main and sub transaction to my clearing category.

does this area is failing the condition.

in SLG1 the following screen is coming, and for automatic clearing process u were specified 2 components which can u explain where i can find in document level i am not finding any clearing restriction option .

honey

0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to check whther the clearing problem is happening for all items or for a few.

If it is happening for all items, then surely there is some missing config in the clearing control.

If it is happening for some particular type of items, then first segregate those and then try to analyse.

Check the clearing variant that has been assigned to Account maintaineance (Cl type-03) and Auto clearing (Cl typ-04).

If they are the same, then the clearing won't happen through either T.code.

So, you need to check the clearing steps that you have configured against the clearing varaint.

Check the grouping and sorting charactersitics.

You mentioned that you have maintained some manin\sub trasnction in clearing category. Remove them and then try to run the clearing process.

Hope you will find some insight into the problem.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.