cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto ID generation during duplicating the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to "ADD / Duplicate the data " in data manager by right click on respective data.

But , once i duplicate- it is throwing an error " The record you have modified cannot be saved" it is due to

When i am creating data in data manager by "ADD" or "DUPLICATE" options, the MDM ID is not automatically getting generated.

In Console - MDM ITEM ID -

TYPE - INTEGER

DISPLAY FILED - YES

UNIQUE FILED - YES

Validation Property :

Name - Create_ID

Expression : IF(IS_NULL(MDM PRODUCT ID ),MDM internal ID + 10000000, MDM Product ID )

Requeirement : When i duplicate / add the data in data manager the new "MDM Item ID" should automatically generates.

Please suggest !

Regards,

Harmony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are creating a random number for the mdm id and not any customer range

then why go for an expression ??

use autoId of the field type and remove the expression

you are not able to save as the validation stops u from saving - as there is no mdm created - and ur mdm id creation is based on running the expression - so u are running into a deadlock bro !

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello harmony_2303

Are you sure that your expression is work correctly?

By default you can add AutoID field in your main table and use result of generation in your calculation expression.

More about autoid from here(page 135):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/content.htm

When you create or duplicate new record AutoID field generated automatically

and will be available for you after new record have been saved.

If you want to generate own unique id you might create calculated field.(i think that is better way)

or create special field and fill it from assignment(but for automatic filling you have to use workflow)

Validation and assignment used the same expression but validation return true or false assignment result of expression save in field, calculation field calculate result of expression and show it to you.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have read in Page 135, there it is mentioned -

MDM automatically clears the value of any Unique Field of new records when the value

violates uniqueness constraints, unless the field is the primary display field or an AutoID field.

In my case -

MDM ID ( which is unique field ) & (Secondary display filed) - is not clearing automatically and hence giving an error ( mentioned in above post)

About Assignment : This is the same assignment which was used in version 5.5 and now after upgrade 7.1 its is the same.

My Requirement : As soon as i duplicate the record the Unique filed should convert in to "NULL" so that the new Item ID could be generated without giving any error.

My settings in Console for this feild are:

Name : MDM Customer ID

Code : AUTO_ID

Type : Integer

Required : No

Writable Once : No

Matrix : Normal

Keyword: None

Display Filed : Yes [2]

Unique Fileld: Yes

Sort Index: Normal

Calculated : No

According to me everything looks fine but still wanted an advice before raising this issue to SAP.

Please advice if there is any settings on console or any additional assignment i am missing or need to change to achieve the result.

Awaiting your revert

Regards,

Harmony