SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget empty - possible to post invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using ECC 6 - Former budget.

I use the transaction FR50 to encode the original budget.

But there are budgets where the amount is empty.

When the budget is empty, for me, it means there is no budget entered.

However, I can post funds reservation or invoices with this budget.

It seems the AVC is not working correctly.

How can I prevent those postings on empty budget?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Chiachen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is it working for another cases? I mean are sure that you customized avc right?

If it's ok, then check may be exemption exists for these account assignments-check OF23

Also try to reconstruct values- FMBV,

Edited by: alex ice on Mar 24, 2011 10:40 AM

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is it working for another cases? I mean are sure that you customized avc right?

If it's ok, then check may be exemption exists for these account assignments-check OF23

Also try to reconstruct values- FMBV,

Edited by: alex ice on Mar 24, 2011 10:40 AM

0 Kudos

hello alex,

thank you for your answer.

It is not working for other cases.

Can you tell me what is considered as customized avc right?

Should I define something in this point Former Budget => Availability control => Define parameters for availability control?

Until now, I only use OF20 and OF23.

and the budget is correctly defined in OF23.

0 Kudos

Hi, check sm30, V_FM01TOL_AVA.

Also be sure that you customized profile in right way, I mean Action 3, the same Budget category is in posted doc, also that CI in posted doc is not statistical and with tr. type 30

0 Kudos

Do you have an idea about this kind of message? What does it mean?

Check against first BS element with budget

Message no. BP752

System Response

Availability control searches upward through the hierarchy to determine the budget-bearing element in which budget availability is checked.

The check is made against the first BS element found to have budget. A BS element may be deemed budget-bearing for this purpose even if the current budget is zero. This may be the case if individual budget types with values other than zero were entered, resulting in a current budget total of zero.

0 Kudos

Where did you get it?in which transaction?

0 Kudos

in FR05 - display original budget => Extras => Availability control => Availability control info

0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe you have not defined budget structure. In Former Budgeting, if there is no budget structure, AVC starts with the FC/CI specified in the posting and searches upwards in the hierarchy for the first element that has received budget. In your case, the FC/CI specified in the invoice do not have a budget but the system searches upwards and found a combination that has enough budget.

Here is the in-depth explaination on how AVC works without budget structure:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/f0/ca3db8260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

AVC with budget structure:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/f0/ca3dc5260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ming

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

additional info, can you please tell us how did you define the tolerances? by percentage or absolute values? (sorry maybe it is written in this thread but I haven't found that)

See this documentation from the online help:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca3e13260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm]

Absolute and Relative Tolerances when Budget is 0

If you have defined in the budget profile that availability control is to be performed against the annual budget and you then try to post an actual or commitment value for a future year which does not yet have a budget, the system treats the posting according to the tolerance limits set.

For example: the posting of EUR 1000 with a relative tolerance limit expressed in % is rejected (because the system assumes a zero budget). However, if you have set up an absolute tolerance of EUR 5000, for example, instead of a relative tolerance, the system will accept it.

waiting for your news...

cheers

Mar

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

After FMBV, you can check report BPINDAN2_NEW. This report should show you the amounts used by the system to calculate Availability Control Figures.

Depending on the way your budget structure is defined, you may find that a certain Commitment item/Funds Center actually refers to a different one to look for available budget.

see this note too, I think it will help you.-

[Note 573409 - FAQ: Why Availability Control doesn't work sometimes|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/573409]

Kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hello Mar,

I have this message :

There is no budget in the budget-bearing element. What does it mean? there is no budget, right?

Then, if there is no budget, why the system lets me encode an invoice with the budget structure (fund-funds center-commitment item)? Why does the avc block this invoice with error message budget exceeded?

Thanks,

Chiachen

Payment bdgt annual index

Funds center: AB

Commitment item 123456

Functional Area

is referenced to

Funds center: AB

Commitment item 123456

Functional Area

Assigned Hard/Own 0.00

Soft/Own 0.00